Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by corry_medved
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 7 months ago

What is the OP considering after all of these lists of what others would do.

#52 7 months ago

Ok ok let me try this again:

Popeye , Flintstones and Avatar le

#53 7 months ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That's looking pretty good to me.

I'm thinking
    - #JM ($3000)
    - #TWD PRO ($5000)
    - #LAH ($2800)
    That leaves $1200 for some toppers... On second thought how about
    - Firepower

#54 7 months ago

Put $5,000 in something that pays you some degree of interest.
    If you don't need the money fine, at least grow it for some other expenditure OR use it to upgrade a pin later on.
    Take the other $7,000 and get:
    2 70's EMs
    2 $3,000 System 11s (even the less popular titles are still nice to have).
    Call it a day, enjoy 4 pins and know you have some coin on the sidelines that is growing you some money.

#55 7 months ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

Whirlwind has to be the best bang for buck system 11, but 3k? More like 3800

2-3 have sold for $3k or less on pinside this last year and I bought mine exactly a year ago for $1500. Just needed a shop job and it was missing the topper so had to drop around $250 to build a topper for it.

#56 7 months ago

Granite for my bar, a custom soundproof door for my theater and some bar stools.

#57 7 months ago

Laser cue 1400 - SS
    Full Throttle SE 3500 - Modern LCD
    Bally Atlantis 1800 - Alphanumeric

The last one I'd probably put a stern. If it was my collection I'd just get another AMH, but for most people I would say a deep ruleset stern in the 5300 or less range. My pick would be rbion, but it would really depend on the persons taste.

#58 7 months ago
    Quoted from dung:

Laser cue 1400 - SS
    Full Throttle SE 3500 - Modern LCD
    Bally Atlantis 1800 - Alphanumeric
    The last one I'd probably put a stern. If it was my collection I'd just get another AMH, but for most people I would say a deep ruleset stern in the 5300 or less range. My pick would be rbion, but it would really depend on the persons taste.

I am still waiting for a super cheap full throttle to pop up. I really like that one.

#59 7 months ago

These threads always end up going off the rails. People are:

1. Talking about investing the money
    2. What project or things they have they would spend the money on
    3. Saying get as many good EM, SS, etc pins as you can get with 12K
    4. Saying avoid getting JJP
    5. or Make sure you get a JJP
    5. or Get 2 Stern Pros
    6. or Get a few pins that need some work on the cheap and fix them
    7. Etc. Etc.

I think the OP has a 12K pinball budget and is just looking for ideas on which pin combos (or single pin) would be the best for him. It is very hard to 'pick' out what another pinsider would like to play - let alone owning it.

Summary, this thread will have some good ideas to consider here and there. But not as many as the OP was hoping for.

#60 7 months ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

We can see that you are a totally normal, regular guy.

Wrong again. But who the hell wants to be a totally normal regular guy, what truly boring lives they must lead.

Not sure why "no care" is a ridiculous assertion. I don't care at all about anything political unless it directly affects me and so far? it never has.

Now when u do this u need to start with

Good day sir.

then

I said good day.

Quoted from Gribbs:

"Pretty sure that was an old man joke, not a gay insult.
    I think you’ve tried to read too much into his post."

Oh no he read exactly enough into the post as it had nothing to do with age.

It was joke u do gooders u.

#61 7 months ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Worse.

#62 7 months ago
    Quoted from Gribbs:

I mean, Jesus, does he think we're 90?

*thats* the joke, and you not getting it is pretty funny too.
    Almost deserves a follow-up old-guy joke, maybe something with dinosaurs.
    (I'm 53 too, btw)

#63 7 months ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I am still waiting for a super cheap full throttle to pop up. I really like that one.

I traded an ICE made ICB for mine. It had a few issues I had to sort. If I could find an LE to upgrade to I will let you know

#64 7 months ago
    Quoted from LordHumungus:

And get ready to be very bored ish very fast ish, then want to sell ish real quick ish.

Your joking right?
    Either that or your clueless.

#65 7 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Your joking right?
    Either that or your clueless.

I don't know man...I am not sure I would want any on that list you gave. And that's my point - this thread has little actual value to the OP.

#66 7 months ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I don't know man...I am not sure I would want any on that list you gave. And that's my point - this thread has little actual value to the OP.

Its has zero but its fun. How the hell can anyone else pick out what games u as an individual are going to enjoy, it seems u have a lot of die hard old timers here pushing the 80's stuff and EM's. To each his own. And before I leave let me just clear this up. Steam baths is a reference to a man wanting to spend time with other men basically nude and steamy. I mean any of u old farts 40 to 70 should have known that. I'm 46, my grandfather use to say that to me cause I had long hair in my teens, early 20's, I was a metalhead but to him long hair meant ur a gearbox and ready for the "Steambaths" man I miss that guy. Whew. tough room.

#67 7 months ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

That was a good list and he basically answered the OPs question which was asking about line ups and bang for the buck.

#68 7 months ago

"It was joke u do gooders u."

And a great one it was! A real 'classic'! ...from the "Henny Youngman Collection", I'm guessing? Don't tell me: Try the veal. You'll be here all week. *rimshot*

#69 7 months ago

"*thats* the joke, and you not getting it is pretty funny too.
    Almost deserves a follow-up old-guy joke, maybe something with dinosaurs.
    (I'm 53 too, btw)"

I have NO IDEA why you guys are hanging out on Pinside instead of writing comedy. You're OBVIOUSLY missing your 'calling'.

#70 7 months ago
    Quoted from LordHumungus:

Its has zero but its fun. How the hell can anyone else pick out what games u as an individual are going to enjoy, it seems u have a lot of die hard old timers here pushing the 80's stuff and EM's. To each his own. And before I leave let me just clear this up. Steam baths is a reference to a man wanting to spend time with other men basically nude and steamy. I mean any of u old farts 40 to 70 should have known that. I'm 46, my grandfather use to say that to me cause I had long hair in my teens, early 20's, I was a metalhead but to him long hair meant ur a gearbox and ready for the "Steambaths" man I miss that guy. Whew. tough room.

Well that makes me a die hard old fart at 37 because i love those solid states and EMs. Modern pins are great but the themes for the most part just dont click with me, atleast not until we get a Sabbath pin.

I agree people should play, judge, and just think for themselves. We all like different things, but I think sometimes people are just curious what others would do so we get threads like this. Again.

#71 7 months ago

"Almost deserves a follow-up old-guy joke,"

You will have to forgive me - my dementia has started to act up again.

#72 7 months ago
    Quoted from woody76:

2-3 have sold for $3k or less on pinside this last year and I bought mine exactly a year ago for $1500. Just needed a shop job and it was missing the topper so had to drop around $250 to build a topper for it.

And 2-3 have sold above 4k this week, I usually buy pins that I'll need to put in sweat equity too...

I bought my De JP recently for 2500, but I had to wait 6months and sort out a ton of issues, good thing being a tech

#73 7 months ago

Do you need anything for the house that is more urgent? ..leaky basement..etc

#74 7 months ago
    Quoted from SunnRAT:

That was a good list and he basically answered the OPs question which was asking about line ups and bang for the buck.

That is a GOOD list for you and the one that recommends it, and many others I am sure. But not me - or LordHumungus apparently.

He did the right thing in suggesting what HE feels is a good list, but it is unlikely to be the OPs. And that, again, is the issue with the request.

#75 7 months ago

Not enough Lol

#76 7 months ago

Just kidding. Everything is at a premium lately it seems. Good luck

#77 7 months ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

That is a GOOD list for you and the one that recommends it, and many others I am sure. But not me - or LordHumungus apparently.
    He did the right thing in suggesting what HE feels is a good list, but it is unlikely to be the OPs. And that, again, is the issue with the request.

There is no issue with the request. As far as I can tell from the first post, the OP was starting a discussion by asking what everyone else would choose, not guess what the OP would choose.

#78 7 months ago
    Quoted from SunnRAT:

There is no issue with the request. As far as I can tell from the first post, the OP was starting a discussion by asking what everyone else would choose, not guess what the OP would choose.

Well said, as long as people are actually suggesting pinball machines.

#79 7 months ago

Threads like this always seem to reinforce to me that there are some people that only like modern pinball and not all pinball.

#80 7 months ago
    Quoted from Pinash:

What, there hasn’t been topper joke yet?

Sell my Walking Dead topper for $12K. Get a nice Safe Cracker and an Escalara.

LTG : )

#81 7 months ago

I think I can find a BOP, TMNT Stern, and a Fishtails for $12K. Right? Guys?

#82 7 months ago

Lotr, the shadow, meteor or a 2k range system 11

#83 7 months ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Threads like this always seem to reinforce to me that there are some people that only like modern pinball and not all pinball.

Lot of people just like having the *best* regardless of what it is. Its not about love of the hobby, its just for show.

#84 7 months ago
    Quoted from SunnRAT:

exactly...just having a fun hypothetical that's still semi-serious...just interested in what other people would do as there is a lot of pinball love and knowledge on this site obviously

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside