Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by dlbuller
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Getting some Twilight Zone weirdness, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Game boots up with the single test bong like it should.

No sound, and a "Sound Board Interface Error." Flippers don't work...but all the other solenoids do.

In my experience, this type of weirdness usually points to a ribbon cable issue of some kind....so I swapped out the ribbon cables from my Addams Family. TZ still behaved the same, and Addams still worked fine...so it wasn't the ribbon cables.

At this point, I don't know if it is a bad sound board, or something else. I don't know why it would have anything to do with the flippers....is that completely unrelated, or does it point to something?

Pete

#2 11 years ago

I think I'd swap the CPU board out, and maybe the fliptronics board. One at a time.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I think I'd swap the CPU board out, and maybe the fliptronics board. One at a time.

I agree with this. But first check your fuses. Once done start swapping the boards with your Addams one at a time looking for the issue to be fixed in Tz and show up in Addams. There are other ways to get to the bottom if this but none that will get you there as fast. On sound and CPU boards, remember to swap the roms also.

#4 11 years ago

Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issues. What rom and sound chip do you have?

#5 11 years ago

I would re-seat all ribbons, then re-seat the sound ROMs. Troubleshoot from there, if you have another sound board then try swapping it and see if the problem goes away..

#6 11 years ago

Did you recently upgrade the ROM? If so, the sound board interface error could have something to do with this ...

http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/tzsnderr.htm

#7 11 years ago

Mine just started acting up. I installed 9.4h the day I got it. Maybe I have some corrosion on the rom or socket. I'll have to check.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 132.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 9.95
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-weirdness-sound-board-interface-error-no-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.