(145 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

as_it_Say_s.gif
F.U.gif
VSthread.gif
gollum.jpg
come-at-me-bro-im-gonna-run-around-in-.jpg
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

I would have to go with TZ. While both games are great players and LOTR is probably
easier for newbs to learn, TZ is much more machine for me. Aside from possible JJP titles, there won't be more games made like TZ. No contest!
This is a collector's perspective, judging game play AND the game itself.

#52 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Well hell, If it's Not the TZ Hater,,, Figured you would jump in.. Tell us MORE " AGAIN " how Much you Hate TZ and Detest Led's , Bla Bla ,,,, Dip-SH#t

You truly are a piece of work. Which is a very polite euphemism for what I'm really thinking.

#53 12 years ago

"VS." threads in general...

VSthread.gifVSthread.gif

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

BLACK_ROSE said:

Well hell, If it's Not the TZ Hater,,, Figured you would jump in.. Tell us MORE " AGAIN " how Much you Hate TZ and Detest Led's , Bla Bla ,,,, Dip-SH#t

You truly are a piece of work. Which is a very polite euphemism for what I'm really thinking.

Re-Think Yr Statement and read ( in the Link B-lo ) what you said to a New Pinsider with his 1st major A-purchase , and a few of Yr other Smart-AZZ comment's.. Say what you want .
Yr a P.O.S in My eYe !! N.Y huh..

------------------------------------------------
Quote: StevenP said
This made me laugh--we're opposite ends of the spectrum here. WHy? I'd never want to own a TZ--never liked the game since it came out. Wouldn't drink Coors if it were free. And I detest LEDs in pins.

Quote: Black_Rose said ,,

Why !!! Because yr a DICK !!! What a Shitty Post to a Good Thread, No Class F**ker ,,, F.U.gifF.U.gif

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-2-and-tom-are-in-the-b_r-grg

#55 12 years ago

You guys remind me of the city kids and the frat rats at college. Classic male confrontation.

I have a viking hat like BR's, and like Steve, not a big coors fan. Best to stay out of it before BR gouges me a new sphincter and Steve forces me to drink micro brews.

Pick a pin you both have access to. Get a witness. Play one game each. Report the scores to Gweem. Loser cannot reply to the other's post for a week.

Repeat if necessary.

#56 12 years ago

I Hate to Be Aggressive ,, but I Hate a as_it_Say_s.gifas_it_Say_s.gif

#57 12 years ago

heh, I just put LOTR in the lead by one vote. I like both games but it wins this one in my book.

#58 12 years ago

Make that 2 votes both are great but Im liking LOTR better at the moment

#59 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Hate to Be Aggressive ,, but I Hate a

Attachments as_it_Say_s.gif (5.5 KB, 0 downloads) 2 minutes old

BR:

Not trying to be one at all. If truth be known, I am one of the most contentious SOBs on these kinds of forums, but I made a commitment not to be and be more humorous. I know how to let the hammer fall, but dont want to much anymore. Not healthy for me.

Seriously, two guys have a problem serious enough, you take it outside. I was a streetfighter in Philly in the day. Afterward, often once the hostility ended, a friend could be made. Usually it's over for guys. Women keep taunting one another until one gets anorexia or bulemia. I am glad I am a guy.

Anyway, if this is so significant, and I know that these situations can be, duke it out on a pinball.

I think it is a good solution. I am not against you. I probably relate more to you than you realize.

Dan

#60 12 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I know how to let the hammer fall, but dont want to much anymore. Not healthy for me.

I don't know about that Danj. Sometimes it's not healthy to hold back all that aggression.

#61 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Danj said:I know how to let the hammer fall, but dont want to much anymore. Not healthy for me.
I don't know about that Danj. Sometimes it's not healthy to hold back all that aggression.

Knowing when is part of maturity. An ever decreasing testosterone level doesn't hurt either.

#62 12 years ago

Danj & Honch,, You Guy's are Both RIGHT.. Everyone Please Excuse my Behavior ,, S.P Pissed me off a Week or 2 ago , ( I Retaliated then ) That Should've been Enough !!!
There's a couple on Here that Boil's My Blood , Let them Hang Their Self .. I'm out !! B_R

#63 12 years ago
Quoted from TheStranger:

I'm going to go with Bad Girls. That's all I gotta say on the matter.

Hoes before Bro's. I like your choice sir!

#64 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

"VS." threads in general...

Hahaa, yea they are almost asking for trouble. Can't believe it is so close though that surprises me a bit.

#65 12 years ago

I own both so I think I should chime in, but it is a little awkward comparing these two...

1. Both are players games- difficult and deep.
2. Both are works of art (IMHO) and really really do each license justice.
3. They are totally different in game play. TZ stops and starts and has SO many shot angles to master. LOTR multiballs are amazing and insane. ...widebody vs standard...4 flippers + 2 magnet flippers vs 2 flippers...figure 8 vs fan shape -only scratching the surface on their differences aren't I?

I love both for different reasons. I voted for TZ and I think the biggest reason is that it's frustrating having to hit the ring ramp just perfect to make it up the ramp, and the blue rubber thing between the outer and middle left orbit drives me insane (I know the left drain out of the pop bumbers on TZ is crappy too)

#66 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

NimblePin said:"VS." threads in general...
Hahaa, yea they are almost asking for trouble. Can't believe it is so close though that surprises me a bit.

hah, yea. It's almost like the whole bush vs gore election. Everyone knows TZ should win this battle, but for some reason LoTR is in the lead. But never fear, Once the poll gets recounted or manipulated by an outside source we will see TZ in its rightful place. Although, would the world be a better place if LoTR, a stern pin, was ahead of TZ? Hmmm...

#67 12 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Everyone knows TZ should win this battle,

Exactly!

1 vote for TZ.

By,
ShaneTastic

#68 12 years ago

I took my name from Tolkien, but I'm voting for Twilight Zone.

#69 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Danj & Honch,, You Guy's are Both RIGHT.. Everyone Please Excuse my Behavior ,, S.P Pissed me off a Week or 2 ago , ( I Retaliated then ) That Should've been Enough !!!
There's a couple on Here that Boil's My Blood , Let them Hang Their Self .. I'm out !! B_R
» YouTube video

No problem. You're forgiven, my son. For your penance, play five games of Popeye.

#70 12 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

No problem. You're forgiven, my son. For your penance, play five games of Popeye.

Oh God Noo ,, 1,, 3-ball game is All i could Take in.. Popeye was Sold a week
after this video was filmed for $ 1250.00 .. I Need to make Another Donation to the Forum ..
That would be Better !!

#71 12 years ago

always enjoy your vid's B_R!

#72 12 years ago
Quoted from tripp:

always enjoy your vid's B_R!

I appreciate that,, Subscribe to my You_Tube Channel . The video above was taken @ Lori & Rads
, They are having Another Pin Party 2-morrow nite , I was invited but Me , S.Tastic and MrTechnoBarn are going to the Pinball Tourney @ Lost Ark Arcade .. I Will Post a Video of that
2-morrow on another Thread..

Also ,,,, TZ Rule's !!!!!!!!! No Matter what the Count is....

#73 12 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

BLACK_ROSE said:Well hell, If it's Not the TZ Hater,,, Figured you would jump in.. Tell us MORE " AGAIN " how Much you Hate TZ and Detest Led's , Bla Bla ,,,, Dip-SH#t
Alright, alright, we don't need this type of arguing here. Let's take it to RGP where it belongs

Don't overreact, just smile and laugh, or overreact hahaha dip shiz haha

#74 12 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

DCFAN said:

BLACK_ROSE said:Well hell, If it's Not the TZ Hater,,, Figured you would jump in.. Tell us MORE " AGAIN " how Much you Hate TZ and Detest Led's , Bla Bla ,,,, Dip-SH#t
Alright, alright, we don't need this type of arguing here. Let's take it to RGP where it belongs
Don't overreact, just smile and laugh, or overreact hahaha dip shiz haha

Um, you missed the smiley face at the end of what I said. That changes the meaning of it completely.

#75 12 years ago

Can we close this thread already? PLEASE

#76 12 years ago

No,we cannot. The battle of TZ vs LOTR must continue...

#77 12 years ago

LOTR: Better wizard modes, far deeper ruleset
TZ: Better shots, better mini playfield, better sounds

#78 12 years ago

Dead even at 59 votes each!

#80 12 years ago

TZ has more patents and innovations than any other pinball machine of its time.

#81 12 years ago

Wow, it's like Ali/Frazier. Think you picked the two most evenly matched pins ever.

#82 12 years ago

Tough call. I vote TZ, but just barely over LOTR.

#83 12 years ago

TZ suffers from being a widebody, making the game sluggish feeling like I am walking in the park. It has a bad mechanical design for loading the mini playfield AND the lock... Even the designer said we should not have made it... at least not like the way it was.

I do love both themes, and TZ has an awesome multiball ramp up. LOTR suffers from too many rules and an impossible wizzard mode. That said....

LOTR, hands down.

Andrew

#84 12 years ago

After over 125 votes and still dead even voting results, I think it is fair to call it a draw. Let both machines live on in their glory.

#85 12 years ago
Quoted from APB_Enterprises:

TZ suffers from being a widebody, making the game sluggish feeling like I am walking in the park. It has a bad mechanical design for loading the mini playfield AND the lock... Even the designer said we should not have made it... at least not like the way it was.
I do love both themes, and TZ has an awesome multiball ramp up. LOTR suffers from too many rules and an impossible wizzard mode. That said....
LOTR, hands down.
Andrew

TZ also suffers from having most of the pf obscured (including almost all of the left side), from horrible pops right above the left outlane, from a boring left ramp-right--ramp-left-ramp... sequence, from a 'skill shot' that leads to the ball being deposited in those horrible left-outlane pops (unless you avoid the skill shot completely), etc. I'm certainly not alone in any of those views. Mayb e in the minority wrt TZ, which I have noted in the past. Seems like B_R has some serious unresolved anger issues. I'd pay good $$$ to see him in an extended discourse with Levi.

(BTW, the posting of many expletives while substituting for a letter or 2 is neither clever nor appropriate for Pinside. But I'm sure the mods told you that already, B_R.)

And seriously, the post below made B_R po'd? It was clearly a lighthearted observation that I had opposite tastes from a poster on several items in a single comment--presented purely as a matter of opinion/taste. I would laugh if someone responded to me by saying they disliked WPT, couldn't stand any tequila, and thought all EMs were a waste of time.

------------------------------------------------
Quote: StevenP said
This made me laugh--we're opposite ends of the spectrum here. WHy? I'd never want to own a TZ--never liked the game since it came out. Wouldn't drink Coors if it were free. And I detest LEDs in pins.

#86 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I would laugh if someone responded to me by saying they disliked WPT, couldn't stand any tequila, and thought all EMs were a waste of time.

I don't like Tequila, haven't played WPT, and EMs are a waste of time.

#87 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

TZ also suffers from having most of the pf obscured (including almost all of the left side), from horrible pops right above the left outlane, from a boring left ramp-right--ramp-left-ramp... sequence, from a 'skill shot' that leads to the ball being deposited in those horrible left-outlane pops (unless you avoid the skill shot completely), etc. I'm certainly not alone in any of those views.

I agree 100%. I'm back to hating mine now that it's back in my house.

#88 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Let me know when Yr Ready to sell it !!!

#89 12 years ago

Who here thinks that this thread started for the purpose of trolling to get LOTR a better ranking on the top 100?

#90 12 years ago

TZ rocks!!! If you don't like it, cool. There's a line of folks that would be more than happy to buy yours or the one you would have bought otherwise. It deserves its spot in the top 5. LOTR is great as well but, I'll dump it before my TZ (not that I plan on anytime soon).

#91 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

TZ or LOTR? Let the debate begin...

Kwiki- had Good intention's w/ this Thread , but it's Went to Hell. TZ Isn't Goin No Where !!!
And i'd like to see a statement where P.Lawlor regret's TZ >> B.S !! )

#92 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

davewth said:

Let me know when Yr Ready to sell it !!!

I'm into this machine too deep to sell it to you, B_R. No Offense. You buy 'em right and i'm upside down on this beast.

#93 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Kiwki had Good intention's w/ this Thread , but it's Went to Hell. TZ Isn't Goin No Where !!!

AGREE!

By the way I love both pins.

#94 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Kwiki- had Good intention's w/ this Thread , but it's Went to Hell.

+1

No trolling there. IMO

#95 12 years ago
Quoted from Slaymetender:

Who here thinks that this thread started for the purpose of trolling to get LOTR a better ranking on the top 100?

I love a good conspiracy.

#96 12 years ago

Dead heat at 68 votes each.

Classic battle!

#97 12 years ago
Quoted from Slaymetender:

Are you kidding me??? I'd rather have TSPP higher than LOTR, but I understand that the top 100 list is fine for now. Both are great games anyway.

#98 12 years ago

LOTR here of course, but I am a Tolkien fan. However, the two games are so different as to be comparing A to Z.

Lets quit with the name calling, people. It really isn't necessary.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 39.50
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-vs-lotr-deathmatch/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.