Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pin_-_K
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“TZ or IJ?”

• Twilight Zone 95 votes
      58%
    • Indiana Jones 70 votes
      42%

(165 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D972A6EB-3A71-49E9-924D-E52B7048C24A.gif
    image-61 (resized).png
    E7AA6D76-4789-43AA-9ED8-9A35BCEEE1CF (resized).jpeg
    A42067AD-FE36-4A80-ABB9-5C47F679E152 (resized).jpeg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

Indy hands down for us. My kids haven't experienced the Twilight Zone show but we all love the Indy franchise. Owned both and never really clicked with TZ. Sold it and picked up a STTNG and never looked back.

#52 1 year ago

I mean, the clear answer here is Paragon…

#53 1 year ago

Black Hole.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bud:

IJ is such a good pin, I’m having HEP do one up for me, I don’t ever plan on selling it.

Until you sell it and buy another beater IJ? You Sir have my kind of mental issues.

D972A6EB-3A71-49E9-924D-E52B7048C24A.gifD972A6EB-3A71-49E9-924D-E52B7048C24A.gif
    #55 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

WOZ was in the ballpark. Maybe not as many innovations, as it had pretty much all been done at that point, but widebody, upper playfield(s), lots of flippers, standup targets all over the place, two shots straight up the middle straddling a standup target, scoops galore, stop & go play, dated theme. Jack pretty much nailed it.

Too bad WOZ as theme is super boring and uninteresting.

#56 1 year ago

TZ... hands down (imho). However, as can be seen from all of the foregoing posts, I think the choice is quite subjective based upon many factors -- including if the theme itself appeals to you. I was not even alive when TZ aired but have watched all of the episodes and am quite a fan of the series as well as Rod Serling. So for me, when the opportunity arose to get one way back in 1999 (before all of this crazy pinflation) I jumped at the chance. It has never left and I'll always have a TZ in the collection--to me it's that good...

#57 1 year ago

I voted for IJ but am tempted to change it. I love them both but have owned TZ the longest so IJ gets the nod for now but it changes almost on a weekly basis. I have owned all the superpins (except Popeye - as I hate it). I quite like all of them but had to let the others go - only so much space, unfortunately!

#58 1 year ago

I have owned both for the last 5 years. I think TZ quite a bit better - with the exception of the music and callouts - IJ might have the best of all-time.

Others have mentioned it - but IJ's PF feels short (almost claustrophobic) - you get a ton of weird bounces and it can feel a bit klunky. The POA is ok - but it's not the best toy, and it can have its own issues. If the game wasn't themed after Indiana Jones and/or it was missing assets it would be a very average 90's game. One thing - it probably has my favorite videos modes. Don't get me wrong... it is still a great game, but it is more flawed than TZ.

TZ- is probably my favorite game - even though I don't play it super often. It has a fun layout that can be very punishing if you are off. The code and music are great and the TZ theme is spot on.

FWIW - if you are a fan of the 90's games both are worth owning.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I disagree.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I disagree too. The theme is not the problem, it's the playfield layout. I don't find it fun to shoot at all.

#61 1 year ago

The powerball alone puts the TZ in front. The game can be plenty fast on the steel balls, and you think you're doing OK....then the powerball kicks in and it gets crazy-fast.

#62 1 year ago

Data east Wwf royal rumble. King of the ring

#63 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dwboca:

Data east Wwf royal rumble. King of the ring

Yeah, yeah, ooooooooohhhhhhh, yeah!

#64 1 year ago

Thanks guys!

Hope to be in the TZ club this week!
    Traded my Godzilla Premium for a mint one.
    Can’t wait.

Richard

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Thanks guys!
    Hope to be in the TZ club this week!
    Traded my Godzilla Premium for a mint one.
    Can’t wait.
    Richard

When I owned my TZ, I played and played. Got frustrated and didn't know why people thought it was so good. Then I got lost in the zone. Game changer.

Wish I never sold it (for $3 k ugh)

#66 1 year ago

I got to”Lost in the zone once”, it was insane!!

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I have all the CGC remakes, what would be the next best addition to my collection? Twilight zone or Indiana Jones?

You need to add STTNG ;-})

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-vs-ij-who-is-the-wide-body-king/page/2?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.