• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What is your opinion of this modification?”

• This is awesome. I would add that to my game if it was available. (only for TZ owners please) 5 votes
    31%
  • It's very cool, I think that was probably something like what was originally intended for clock illumination. 4 votes
    25%
  • It's ok but on the bigger scheme of things really doesn't do much to add anything to the clock or the game. 5 votes
    31%
  • It's really distracting, make the clock just stay on like it used to. 2 votes
    13%

(16 votes)

#1 11 years ago

When my clock died recently I did the usual web & forum searches for the TZ clock. Wow - did I learn a lot! And, as I always suspected from the schematic - Bally designers clearly had something in mind for lighting of the clock by individual quadrants. I got to thinking... I also just couldn't get over something like a mysterious clock in the days of yore being illuminated by LEDs. Just doesn't look right to me. So how to solve both the heating problem of incandescents and articulate the clock to do interesting things coordinated with the game play and movement of the clock? Take a look at what I came up with:

Will be looking forward to comments from the pinball community about this unique modification.

#2 11 years ago

Looks like a really cool mod!-I'd be interested in finding out more about it. I've been holding off buying a Rottendog clock board and getting buy on a hacked up original board because I don't like the way the cool LED's look on this game. -The rest of my game is incandescents.

#3 11 years ago

That is brilliant, amazing job. I am sure you could sell several of those. Outstanding!

#4 11 years ago

Pretty cool

EDIT: Not a bad look at all...don;t even have my clock plugged in though.

#5 11 years ago

Very cool!

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

... don't even have my clock plugged in though.

Why not?

#7 11 years ago

Who the hell wants to kno.....Oh wait it's Gweem...sorry new avatar threw me off

I took it apart long ago and it runs backwards; I actually kind of liked that to be honest. But basically the 12 cent molex connector fell off and i haven't got a new one to hook the wires up to.
Haven't bothered to fix it in the last couple years because it really doesn't serve a purpose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
$ 12.95
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-twilight-zone-clock-lighting-by-individual-quadrant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.