Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Spitfiren8
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

I've had my tz for two years now and no issues at all. Start a game today and it starts shooting every ball in the trough out until it's empty. It's now showing a switch 26 trough proximity board error and is also showing that the clock does not work. I can't find anything that matches my specific symptoms but read that the eddy sensor may need adjusted? Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this problem?

#2 2 years ago

Eddy sensor won't empty the ball trough.

Be sure you have the correct number of balls in the game, all accounted for. Then check the ball trough switches and shooter lane switch in Tests - Switch Edge. See if they work when a ball rolls over them.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Switch26 is a sensor in trough that detects power ball. More than likely its just the wire from it to the little board. This connection is prone to coming lose from the board. Twist the wire a few times then reconnect . Or u can solder the wires directly which will fix it for good. That's how u fix that issue anyhow.

#4 2 years ago

It looks like the middle switch in the trough is not working.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

It looks like the middle switch in the trough is not working.

Check for broken wires, adjustment, broken wires from there back to the cpu. Your switch matrix in the manual can guide you on what color wires on the row and column and other switches to check.

#6 2 years ago

I'd start by entering switch tests, T1.
I think some of those messages are red herrings.
See what is working and what is not.
Post a pic of the switch matrix grid.
I'll compare it to mine.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.ChrisHiblerPinball.com/Contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#7 2 years ago

Here's the picture. I don't see any wires broken or anything. Could it be as simple as the switch itself being bad?

image (resized).jpeg

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I don't see any wires broken or anything. Could it be as simple as the switch itself being bad?

This is where a meter comes in handy to check things - I doubt the switch is bad. Did you just look in the general area or all the switches involved back to the CPU ?

#9 2 years ago

While in the switch test mode press each switch in the trough and on the playfield, check to see what switches show as activated on the display. I don't have a manual in front of me but I would guess a diode on a switch may have gone bad, that will cause all the switches in the same row/column in the switch matrix to malfunction. When j am home later I will check the manual to see. As others have commented switch 26 is used to detect the difference between the metal ball and the ceramic ball in the trough, it would not cause the game to eject too many balls.

#11 2 years ago

My picture was taken with the trough empty. I did notice last night that a few other switches were not working. From memory one was left outer inlane and one of the switches on the side of the slot machine scoop. I will investigate more this evening. The picture Chris posted looks different from mine. When I press the switches in the trough manually the middle(26) does not show on switch test.

#12 2 years ago

Just have a look to make sure your batteries haven't leaked. That can give multiple, seemingly unrelated switch errors.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I did notice last night that a few other switches were not working.

Look at the switch matrix in your manual and see if the switches not working have a common color wire.

As I said before, a broken wire somewhere else will kill every switch after it.

#14 2 years ago

I don't think it's a matrix problem? My left outer inlane is out, left middle 5 million target, lower right 5 million and center trough is what I notice out. These don't completely correspond to any row in the matrix. L

#15 2 years ago

As far as the matrix Chris posted the only difference seems to be row 8 column 9 - clock hour 3. The matrix he posted apparently had the balls in the trough.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I don't think it's a matrix problem? My left outer inlane is out, left middle 5 million target, lower right 5 million and center trough is what I notice out. These don't completely correspond to any row in the matrix. L

Center trough and left outlane are on the same row. Check clock millions, if it works, grab a meter and check continuity of the white wire with violet stripe to the left outlane, and center trough same color wire.

Then use the same meter to check other switches not working, both white wire and green wire, to the cpu to see if you have continuity or not.

#17 2 years ago

Also might be good to note that I just realized also that the shooter lane switch is not registering either. That could possibly be the problem with it continuing to kick out balls? No wires disconected and all seems well visually. I'll also check out what your talking about Lloyd, may take some time though.

#18 2 years ago

Switch is not the answer. Looks like row 7 may all not be working. I will go back and check each switch In the morning and report back. The only error showing now is clock broken when I check the errors.

#19 2 years ago

You can swap your HS2 and TZ MPUs to isolate the issue to the wiring or to the board.
--
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#20 2 years ago

I could if I wouldn't have sold the HS2! I need to do an update. I am pretty sure it's row 8. I'm going to go down the line and check everything out. I haven't looked at the gym all entrance area or the slot scoop area.

#21 2 years ago

Ok. You can still use a jumper as outlined in the PinWiki to isolate the problem to either the board or the wiring.
--
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#22 2 years ago

An easier test, since I don't remember if you mentioned it or not...

In switch test, is switch #87 (Gumball Enter) ACTIVE (screen shows switch off) or INACTIVE (switch shows lit up).

If the former, then the problem is NOT on your MPU, since the MPU is seeing the opto as being closed.
If the latter, then it could go either way.

#23 2 years ago

Success! Thanks everyone who replied! Without you all I may not have been able to do it. I followed all the switches in row eight and suprise, suprise the clock millions target had a wire that had disconnected. Soldered it on and I am up and running again. Electronics really is intimidating to me so these little victories really help my confidence.

#24 2 years ago

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Santa Clara, CA
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carolina Forest, SC
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 50.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 999.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mooresville, NC
€ 3.70
$ 399.95
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside