Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by DEN
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukerp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 11 years ago

Hey,

I would select TSPP, and here's why. I haven't played Funhouse other than on the XBox, so I can't speak to it. I can say that the price on a nice one is toeing into the price of the other three. People seem to like it, and that's more than fine, but it's not what I'd call bang for your buck anymore, even if it might be the cheapest of the four.

The Addams Family is a good game. I have a bit of time on it, but not a ton. The reason I'd shy away is that it is the nostalgia factor. You have a cross-section of pinheads who want one, but you also have the guys who just want one machine in the house, and those guys all remember playing TAF twenty years ago. That pushes the price up a bit higher. There are games out there that a lot of people would say are better that are also cheaper. If you don't have an emotional attachment, it wouldn't be the one of the four I'd pick. I will also say that I heard an interview with Pat Lawlor where he said that it was the last game before things kind of went "over the edge" rule-wise; it's still simple enough for the average Joe to figure out. That's a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it.

I like Twilight Zone. I own one. I still don't have a ton of time on it as I'm restoring it right now, but I like it. But they're pricey, especially for a game with fifteen thousand of them produced. I got a game that's probably in the worst shape of my seven games, and it cost more than my TSPP, which is most likely home use only. And they're confusing and they're polarizing. You might buy it and love it, but you might hate it. Doesn't seem like there's much middle ground.

That leaves TSPP. Is it cheap? No. But of the games you're considering, assuming equal pricing across the board, it's the best bang for your buck machine there is. It's an instantly recognizable theme, at least in North America. If your buddy who never plays pinball comes over, tell him to shoot the garage and try to lock three balls to start multiball. He'll be busy all night. The next night, if another buddy who plays pinball comes over, tell him to try to start Pretzel Multiball. You have to shoot the left loop 26 times, and it's a TOUGH shot. It's got something for everyone. You probably won't get bored with it anytime soon. The only knock against it is that the flippers feel different, somewhat mechanical, almost? Play one and you'll know what I mean. I'm used to it, but I've heard the complaint levelled against the game before, and I'd be sticking my head in the sand if I didn't mention it. Anyhow, that was long. Good luck with the purchase.

Luke

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 29.95
$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 45.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lukerp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-taf-tspp-or-fh?tu=lukerp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.