DSC04704.JPG
DSC04703.JPG
DSC04702.JPG
DSC04701.JPG
DSC04700.JPG
#1 12 years ago

Hey guys.
Got me a problem/error all of a sudden.

Played couple of games, left the machine for 3 mins for a beer, then i came back, the music was gone, GAME OVER was written on the dmd, and i could not start a new game, pressed test button, and got this messege: check switch 26 thrugh proximity. Turned it off/on now i got some strange sounds, stripes down the dmd, and switch 26 error!!!

Please help!

Loading some pics, maby it helps

DSC04700.JPGDSC04700.JPG DSC04701.JPGDSC04701.JPG DSC04702.JPGDSC04702.JPG DSC04703.JPGDSC04703.JPG DSC04704.JPGDSC04704.JPG

#2 12 years ago

On the last pic. the LED red light does not light up... if it means anything?

#3 12 years ago

try resetting the pin connector on the trough. reset the pins on both boards. that old switch 26 is a finiky beeyotch. it's the .100 sized pins.

#4 12 years ago

woops. I looked closer at your pics and see they hardwired it to the board. try resetting the other side.

#5 12 years ago

The lines on yr DMD might be from the DMD Driver board ,, Re-seat the cables.. ( Power Off 1st )

Also if you look up the Trough Proximity Switch at Mad Amusement , I know the guy that Designed and build's the 2-piece Sensor's ,, I can PM you his cell # and he will sell you a New Set @ cost..

Pin Point Electronic's .. Tim is his name. I got mine from him and he rebuilt my TZ clock board and installed 8 blue Led's for me..

#6 12 years ago

More pics...

DSC04705.JPGDSC04705.JPG DSC04706.JPGDSC04706.JPG

#7 12 years ago

can DMD all of a sudden make these stripes? jusy played the game, with no problems...

#8 12 years ago

Those proximity boards are so the game can detect the powerball. That's all they do. Like TZBen said, they fail all the time. It's almost always the connector. I soldered the wires directly to the pins on my old TZ and never had any trouble again. I can't see how this would have had anything to do with the DMD/crash of the game unless it shorted somehow...

#9 12 years ago

Yes, I get those exact same lines on my TZ about twice a year, I re-seat the cables and it is fine again. New cables or repining the header will probably be the sure fix.

SW 26 used to error on mine too, I bought the enhanced cable, I think it was from pinbits and never had the sw error again. Obviously, mine was not hard wired to the board, might consider a replacement and the enhanced cable.

#10 12 years ago

I dont have anything on port J1 the white connector with 2 legs, what should bee there?

#12 12 years ago

I futzed around with mine for over a year before I finally got sick and tired of the error and bought exactly what BR is recommending above. Haven't had a single problem since.

#13 12 years ago

I workd on my beloved TZ to the late night... Last night!

I assambled the switch 26, turned it on, and the problem with it dissepeared, but still got som wierd game sounds, and odd pictures on the dmd. WTF!

I looked everywere under the pf, for loose/injured cabels, nothing helped. Opend the backbox, began pushing all the cabels in(not reseat) but just gentle push all cabels/connections... Chips on cpu board, batteries. Turned it on.... Tadaaaaaaaaaaa no problem at all, everything worked perfect again, yippi-ka-yeaaaa-mofoooo!!!

Played a couple games, all of a sudden the clock could not calibrate correct, (clock error) when i bought this pin, it was with clock error, i cleaned the optoes, and it worked perfect afterwords, and now it has been turned on for many hours and the error came back. Turned if off, went to bed.

This morning turned it on, and no problems at all, played 3 games, (love TZ) clock worked perfect, i have watched some videoes, people removes the front glass with 4screws and leaved it open (cooldown) ill try that, and see if the error comes back

Thank you guys for your fast reply last night, it was really sad/and frustrating for mee now i am *SO happy, and playing like crazYYY

#14 12 years ago

Yeah I replaced my trough switch with a new one. My old one had a flat spot worn into the inductor from the balls hitting it. That is probably what killed it. New one works like a champ once prperly adjusted.

Does your clock still have the original bulbs? If so I would say its cooking and your optos are about shot. You can either get new boards, or if you can solder replace the optos and bulbs with LEDs. Then you should never have to worry about heat again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 9.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 14.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-switch-26-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.