IMG_2620.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0212.JPG
RocketTEST.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2604.JPG
IMG_2603.JPG
IMG_2598.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Did you just pull a mold from this one or were you the one selling these last year?

The original is made by laretrotienda, who is located in Spain. He also does not speak fluent English.

#20 11 years ago

If you made these from scratch, the sculpture and all, that should not raise too many red flags. The original maker might notify you that you're violating his intellecutal property in terms of design though.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

So this mod this rocket was brought to me by fellow pinball owner in several pieces. They asked if I could fix it knowing of my art skills. It was fragile and prob shouldn't be put in a pinball machine, so we talked and decided to refab a much stronger one. The original broke in several pieces while installing, THIS ONE I MAKE IS VERY STURDY AND WILL REPLACE IF IT BREAKS. I'm making a affordable sturdy product. PM me if you want one. Thanks

Did you get permission from laretrotienda? Mods, like everything else made, are under ownership of the original artist. If a profit is being made without the original artist's permission, you can actually be taken to court or fined if they desire or have the means to come after you.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from badpenny61:

Stealing, all the same.

Supporting a pirate...tsk, tsk.

I already notified laretrotienda about the issue. If he's fine with reproducing his design, by all means proceed, but if he does not support this, it would be wise to stop selling these immediately.

#37 11 years ago

Laretrotinda made that exact model you used to make the mold. He seems fine with what you're doing, but was quick to criticize how bad of a copy it was in terms of detail such as painting and coloring. I personally like your more detailed work with the smoke, but I would work on the actual rocket for future runs. If anyone wants, I'll make a mold of the rocket and smoke for $50 each. ^_^

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that was kind of my point. You don't see me buying one.
At least these are 'Merican made? But seriously folks...

I can't believe I spent several weeks with an attorney trying to get permission to make TZ mods in general... If this guy can get away with using someone's model exactly, there was really no point in me getting permission from all the copyright holders. I'm still glad I did it becuase it was the right thing to do.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You recreated a work by someone else. You should at least give the originator of the mod credit for the actual sculptural element in your mod.
As someone with an "artistic" background you should certainly respect that.

Actually, I don't see one artistic element with this recreation. Casting resin is not a difficult task by any means. The paint job has small areas of build-up and pooling too. If you look closely, the last picture is Laretrotinda's mod exactly and not a duplicate.

#60 11 years ago

If anyone wants a real and original rocket mod, I have some that will be ready within the next couple of days. Mine will be $40-$50 like the rest of the stuff I make. From start to finish, I did each step without ripping someone else off.

#63 11 years ago

Pics?

Here's the model. All of my pieces start off as 3D models that are than 3D printed and molded. I plan to have the rocket tangible sometime in the next few days when I completely finish the camera.

RocketTEST.jpgRocketTEST.jpg IMG_0212.JPGIMG_0212.JPG IMG_0207.JPGIMG_0207.JPG

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

yea great those look really nice.. good job!!! so do these too
http://www.decoratorsupply.com/pinball/Products/Enhancements/TZ_Piano/tz_piano.htm
Ebay link
Lots of mods done by lots of people-- all influenced by one another.. Its cool because Now that everybody is on board it makes for great competition and that makes for a great product at a great price!!! The consumer WINS !!! Now everybody can afford great Mods !!!
This is great Keep up the good work Yo!!

I'm really trying not to sound like a jerk, but there are laws that protect a large amount of material. Unfortunately, mods are no exception. I had to obtain written consent and had to pay an attorney to give me the go ahead after a long ordeal of misunderstandings. I started making mods without knowing the legal side of things myself and it got me in a lot of trouble. It's best to ask for permission and get it in writing. Although unlikely someone will come after you and follow it up with a court battle, it can still happen.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Pinballsmith,
I "watch" all your auctions on eBay to remind me to keep in mind getting one of the camera mods from you but they always sell out so quick that they don't stay in my active list very long! People are really gobbling these things up. Congrats!
Can't wait to see your finished rocket mod. Do you have an overall size dimension yet? I just wonder if it'd be worth it to make it a little smaller so it completely fits on the plastic over the launcher and doesn't protrude over the playfield at all.
Any progress on the TV version of the camera?

I think we're starting to hijack this guy's thread, but yes, progress is being made on the TV series camera. I did run out of the gunmetal cameras, but I still have some silver left. I plan to do another run once I get a few other things taken care of. If you want, I can just give you a rocket. I no longer own a TZ and need someone to do testing and to take some pictures of it on their game. I'm working off of measurements and models I made when I did have a TZ, but I'm not sure how accurate everything is after some major changes were made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-sweet-rocket-mod?tu=pinballsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.