IMG_2620.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0212.JPG
RocketTEST.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2604.JPG
IMG_2603.JPG
IMG_2598.JPG
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

$155 + $18 shipping
Ebay link

Thanks!

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You recreated a work by someone else. You should at least give the originator of the mod credit for the actual sculptural element in your mod.
As someone with an "artistic" background you should certainly respect that.

Actually, I don't see one artistic element with this recreation. Casting resin is not a difficult task by any means. The paint job has small areas of build-up and pooling too. If you look closely, the last picture is Laretrotinda's mod exactly and not a duplicate.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Actually, I don't see one artistic element with this recreation. Casting resin is not a difficult task by any means. The paint job has small areas of build-up and pooling too. If you look closely, the last picture is Laretrotinda's mod exactly and not a duplicate.

Sorry try again.. The their all mine yo..

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

thats a really friggin good idea

those are the only kinds I have.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

You recreated a work by someone else. You should at least give the originator of the mod credit for the actual sculptural element in your mod.
As someone with an "artistic" background you should certainly respect that.

"Creativity is merely undetected plagiarism"

The ridiculously expensive one looks nicer but then again I'm not sure if its $100 nicer.

#56 11 years ago

It's a $50 dollar mod, max, and that's pushing it too.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Haters gunna hate

Lot of haters around dude. I love it. If the spanish guy is cool with it all the better.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Sorry try again.. The their all mine yo..

What color is the sky in your world? You said yourself that you took someone else stuff and made molds FROM THEM.

Quoted from Iamdarras:

There from molds that I made.

Quoted from Iamdarras:

I know Nothing about your Laretrotinda-- All I did was create a mod using another broken object that was brought to me as inspiration. You do what you gotta do do.

Quoted from Iamdarras:

So this mod this rocket was brought to me by fellow pinball owner in several pieces. They asked if I could fix it knowing of my art skills. It was fragile and prob shouldn't be put in a pinball machine, so we talked and decided to refab a much stronger one.

Haters gonna hate....quoters gonna quote.....lawyers gonna sue.

Your feigning of ignorance shouts your guilt more than you realize. You should've just come out and said, "Yeah, this guy's mod was awesome and all, but I contacted him and asked if I could make it out of a better material, something more sturdy, and he said sure. So, here they are."

It's not like you took a broken pencil and reformed it into the rocket. You most certainly took his rocket and smoke, made molds out of them, and are selling them.

Laretrotienda's consent or not, you're just plain stealing and you know it. Now we know it, too.

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

What color is the sky in your world? You said yourself that you took someone else stuff and made molds FROM THEM.

Haters gonna hate....quoters gonna quote.....lawyers gonna sue.
Your feigning of ignorance shouts your guilt more than you realize. You should've just come out and said, "Yeah, this guy's mod was awesome and all, but I contacted him and asked if I could make it out of a better material, something more sturdy, and he said sure. So, here they are."
It's not like you took a broken pencil and reformed it into the rocket. You most certainly took his rocket and smoke, made molds out of them, and are selling them.
Laretrotienda's consent or not, you're just plain stealing and you know it. Now we know it, too.

So did you want a blue or amber one ?

#60 11 years ago

If anyone wants a real and original rocket mod, I have some that will be ready within the next couple of days. Mine will be $40-$50 like the rest of the stuff I make. From start to finish, I did each step without ripping someone else off.

#61 11 years ago

If anyone wants a real and original rocket mod, I have some that will be ready within the next couple of days. Mine will be $40-$50 like the rest of the stuff I make. From start to finish, I did each step without ripping someone else off.

Pics?

#62 11 years ago

Also, where can I see your mods?

#63 11 years ago

Pics?

Here's the model. All of my pieces start off as 3D models that are than 3D printed and molded. I plan to have the rocket tangible sometime in the next few days when I completely finish the camera.

RocketTEST.jpgRocketTEST.jpg IMG_0212.JPGIMG_0212.JPG IMG_0207.JPGIMG_0207.JPG

#64 11 years ago

hay good job I'm sure its going to really dope when its all finished up...

#65 11 years ago

Is there a website with a price list to go to?
Thanks!

#66 11 years ago

Here's the model. All of my pieces start off as 3D models that are than 3D printed and molded. I plan to have the rocket tangible sometime in the next few days when I completely finish the camera.

yea great those look really nice.. good job!!! so do these too
http://www.decoratorsupply.com/pinball/Products/Enhancements/TZ_Piano/tz_piano.htm

ebay.com link: Twilight Zone Pinball Machine CAMERA Mod Add On Brand NEW Design Super Bright

Lots of mods done by lots of people-- all influenced by one another.. Its cool because Now that everybody is on board it makes for great competition and that makes for a great product at a great price!!! The consumer WINS !!! Now everybody can afford great Mods !!!

This is great Keep up the good work Yo!!

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

yea great those look really nice.. good job!!! so do these too
http://www.decoratorsupply.com/pinball/Products/Enhancements/TZ_Piano/tz_piano.htm
Ebay link
Lots of mods done by lots of people-- all influenced by one another.. Its cool because Now that everybody is on board it makes for great competition and that makes for a great product at a great price!!! The consumer WINS !!! Now everybody can afford great Mods !!!
This is great Keep up the good work Yo!!

I'm really trying not to sound like a jerk, but there are laws that protect a large amount of material. Unfortunately, mods are no exception. I had to obtain written consent and had to pay an attorney to give me the go ahead after a long ordeal of misunderstandings. I started making mods without knowing the legal side of things myself and it got me in a lot of trouble. It's best to ask for permission and get it in writing. Although unlikely someone will come after you and follow it up with a court battle, it can still happen.

#68 11 years ago

What legal problems could you encounter if you develop an aftermarket mod for something that is totally unique and never seen before? Just curious but the legal issues you speak of were they from a copied mod or from Bally? Or the serling family?

I'm really trying not to sound like a jerk, but there are laws that protect a large amount of material. Unfortunately, mods are no exception. I had to obtain written consent and had to pay an attorney to give me the go ahead after a long ordeal of misunderstandings. I started making mods without knowing the legal side of things myself and it got me in a lot of trouble. It's best to ask for permission and get it in writing. Although unlikely someone will come after you and follow it up with a court battle, it can still happen.

#69 11 years ago

Sweet Pyramid MOD -- The blue one was just a proto so the its not very level, I was exited to post in though I'm selling It for $40 and you can choose blue or the amber. Easy to install and if you like you can place it where the ball exits the Power!!! It fits there too!!! PM If you would like one.

IMG_2620.JPGIMG_2620.JPG IMG_2622.JPGIMG_2622.JPG IMG_2626.JPGIMG_2626.JPG

#70 11 years ago

Pinballsmith,

I "watch" all your auctions on eBay to remind me to keep in mind getting one of the camera mods from you but they always sell out so quick that they don't stay in my active list very long! People are really gobbling these things up. Congrats!

Can't wait to see your finished rocket mod. Do you have an overall size dimension yet? I just wonder if it'd be worth it to make it a little smaller so it completely fits on the plastic over the launcher and doesn't protrude over the playfield at all.

Any progress on the TV version of the camera?

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Pinballsmith,
I "watch" all your auctions on eBay to remind me to keep in mind getting one of the camera mods from you but they always sell out so quick that they don't stay in my active list very long! People are really gobbling these things up. Congrats!
Can't wait to see your finished rocket mod. Do you have an overall size dimension yet? I just wonder if it'd be worth it to make it a little smaller so it completely fits on the plastic over the launcher and doesn't protrude over the playfield at all.
Any progress on the TV version of the camera?

I think we're starting to hijack this guy's thread, but yes, progress is being made on the TV series camera. I did run out of the gunmetal cameras, but I still have some silver left. I plan to do another run once I get a few other things taken care of. If you want, I can just give you a rocket. I no longer own a TZ and need someone to do testing and to take some pictures of it on their game. I'm working off of measurements and models I made when I did have a TZ, but I'm not sure how accurate everything is after some major changes were made.

#72 11 years ago

I think we're starting to hijack this guy's thread, but yes, progress is being made on the TV series camera. I did run out of the gunmetal cameras, but I still have some silver left. I plan to do another run once I get a few other things taken care of. If you want, I can just give you a rocket. I no longer own a TZ and need someone to do testing and to take some pictures of it on their game. I'm working off of measurements and models I made when I did have a TZ, but I'm not sure how accurate everything is after some major changes were made.

No hijack only bumps !!! Thanks yo!!!

#74 11 years ago

yo!!!

yo

yoyo-stompintotha90s.jpgyoyo-stompintotha90s.jpg

1 month later
#75 11 years ago

yo im bumpin' for you yo... gots my rocket. yo its dope!

IMAG1467.jpgIMAG1467.jpg

#76 11 years ago

Got mine and installed it last weekend, looks great! Looks just like the one on the playfield and I wired mine to a molex splitter to the upper right flipper flasher so it flashes when the ball is in the rocket launcher. Sweet!

#77 11 years ago

Wow, would you consider doing a package deal for all 3 mods when these are completed? They look great!

#78 11 years ago

about to do another run if anybody wants one?

#79 11 years ago

Would've been nice if the person who originally sculpted and made this rocket years ago realized that the blue line that's on the one that's on the playfield is actually a reflection of the blue grid, and therefore, shouldn't be molded into and painted on the piece itself.

#81 11 years ago

I want one (assume you'll ship to Canada?). Need to think about the colour. Will get back to you tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 79.50
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-sweet-rocket-mod/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.