(Topic ID: 294363)

Most TZs Sold on Pinside , amount "private" Why? Disservice?

By jgelman

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jgelman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 4.24.42 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 4.24.53 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kwaheltrut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from jgelman:

Nothing about this is preventing me from buying a TZ. I did not intend to have this thread mostly about TZ. That just happens to be a game I am interested in buying and so it is the one I am researching. Buyers of homes care about comps. Ebay buyers often care less about the asking price of active listings than the prices of sold merchandise. The homework prevents one from overpaying compared to market value and helps one to make proper decisions.
As a newer member I was just surprised that the archived classified had so few sales associated with a disclosure of the sale price. I considered the sale price of my machines the business of others. I thought it would offer information of value to those wanting to own the machine.

When I sell a game, I don't care if anyone knows what I sell it for. I don't post the price out of respect for the buyer. If the buyer turns around and makes a profit on my game that's their business. Me advertising what they paid me for it is only going to give them grief.

If you're new and unsure, you can always ask if what you are being asked to pay seems right.

Boston pinball still keeps a list of prices based on eBay sales. Pinside does give an estimate for almost every game.

It doesn't matter anyway. They're just expensive toys. Just because they've had investment like returns for the past 20 years for a lot of people doesn't mean we'll see that for the next 20 years. People are asking whatever they want now. Other people are paying crazy prices so non of the data is great right now. A lot of people are getting a lot more money back from uncle Sam than in the past and maybe that's where all the money is coming from. IDK. If so, is that money worth more or less today than it was a year ago?

Figure out what you want and develop a strategy to get it. Patience in my experience pays off in the long run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kwaheltrut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-sold-on-pinside-amount-private-why-disservice?tu=Kwaheltrut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.