• Latest reply 6 years ago by webdiddy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170909_195800 (resized).jpg
20170909_195800 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider webdiddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

$100.00 That's crazy money for something that cost about $20.00 and an hour with a drill and soldering iron to do yourself.

People always charge crazy money for mods. Just like the T-bird mod, a $6.00 diecast car with two leds and a resistor in it, pinballdeclas wants $136.00 for that, the real parts cost is maximum $12.00 and 10 minutes of work. Same goes for the lampost mod.

Try to do it yourself instead, you might screw up the first couple of times but you will gain experience and you really need to screw up many, many times before you get over the $100.00 mark.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You are certainly free to do this or any mod for yourself, nobody is pushing this or any mod on anyone. As with anything (car repair, home repair, etc.), you can save money doing it yourself and if you want to make this slot machine mod yourself, I am more than happy to guide you through it. I will say that for the slot, it is not just "...an hour with a drill and a soldering iron..."
I think there are four or five people interested so I'll consider doing a run of these, but it won't be until mid-October. I'll reach out in October. If more people want it, just contact me or post in this thread.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stir something up, honestly.
I have already made this mod and many other last time around I owned TZ and didn't find any of them particular challenging even with not much experience. I think I'm just a little jaded of the mod culture, granted the slot machine mod is a little more complicated as it involves drilling a large hole and painting and soldering. But people these days sticks a led in a piece of plastics dabb it with some hot glue and asks $100.00 bucks for it, but I can't really blame you for that

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider webdiddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-slot-machine-mod-interest?tu=webdiddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.