• Latest reply 6 years ago by webdiddy
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170909_195800 (resized).jpg
20170909_195800 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Trying to gauge interest in a TZ slot machine mod. We don't normally sell these, mainly because the installation can be a little fidgety to get right, but if there is enough interest, we can make some up for a relatively reasonable price. These will be hand painted, will have 4 LEDs and will run off three circuits: super slot door panel, GI and the light next to the slot scoop.

I will do it for $100 shipped. It takes a couple of hours to do these, but I'm willing to do it if people want these in their games.

You can pm me or post in this thread if you want one, but please only post if you are serious. If I can get to 5 or 10 people, I think that will be a critical mass.

No pre-orders...lol...no need to go there. You pay when I'm ready to ship. I won't likely get to these until after the york show later this month.

One more thing, I no longer have my game so I'll need one person to test for me. You get the mod at half price. First one to respond in this thread can be the tester if you want.

I've attached an example of what it will look like, but we paint it a little better than that.

Thanks

20170909_195800 (resized).jpg20170909_195800 (resized).jpg

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Sounds interesting... How is this look like? Similar to PDI?

They are all basically the same. It will be the same as pdi. I don't have my game so don't have a pic. I'll try to dig one up.

Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Interested! I will test, if the spot is still open.
Rob

You got it!

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Though that mod is kinda cute, I think it's still too much money for a touched up pencil sharpener that blocks the ball view...

That's great you guys don't like or want the mod or think it's too expensive. This thread is not about whether you like the mod or not, it's simply to gauge interest so I can determine if a run should be made for those who do want it.

Yes, it's a $10 pencil sharpener plus materials (base, LEDs, wiring, etc.), but touched up is hardly what it is. It takes a few hours to make and paint each one and it's shipped free (domestic only), we also pay taxes on everything we sell. We don't normally sell it because of the time involved and i don't want to charge $175 or more for it. I'll make a few dollars, but I'm just doing it to help some people out who do want it...nothing more really. Anyone is free to make the mod on their own, I provided a link in another thread where to buy the slots.

It does not block playfield views in any significant way.

Looks like there are four or five who want it, couple more and I'll do the run.

20170909_195800 (resized).jpg20170909_195800 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#15 6 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

$100.00 That's crazy money for something that cost about $20.00 and an hour with a drill and soldering iron to do yourself.
People always charge crazy money for mods. Just like the T-bird mod, a $6.00 diecast car with two leds and a resistor in it, pinballdeclas wants $136.00 for that, the real parts cost is maximum $12.00 and 10 minutes of work. Same goes for the lampost mod.
Try to do it yourself instead, you might screw up the first couple of times but you will gain experience and you really need to screw up many, many times before you get over the $100.00 mark.

You are certainly free to do this or any mod for yourself, nobody is pushing this or any mod on anyone. As with anything (car repair, home repair, etc.), you can save money doing it yourself and if you want to make this slot machine mod yourself, I am more than happy to guide you through it. I will say that for the slot, it is not just "...an hour with a drill and a soldering iron..."

I think there are four or five people interested so I'll consider doing a run of these, but it won't be until mid-October. I'll reach out in October. If more people want it, just contact me or post in this thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.50
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-slot-machine-mod-interest?tu=lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.