IMG_4287 (resized).JPG
IMG_4284 (resized).JPG
IMG_4282 (resized).JPG
IMG_4280 (resized).JPG
IMG_4279 (resized).JPG
IMG_4278 (resized).JPG
IMG_4277 (resized).JPG
IMG_4271 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from AlanK:

During Thanksgiving vacation, I decided to fabricate a slot machine mod for my TZ using the pencil sharpener method. The mod is mounted with a custom fabricated bracket that allows for minute adjustments to get the ideal height for the ball to spin the reels without getting stuck. I chose this method of the slot machine 'hanging' over the wire form ensures that the slot machine can flex upward if needed and not compress the ball between the reel . The accuracy of the bracket mount has a perfect alignment and the ball glides thru the hole and spins the reels effortlessly. I purchased three slot machine pencil sharpeners and I got the complete fabrication perfect on my very first attempt! I shared[quoted image] pictures of the fabrication journey for those that may want to see the sequence of steps.
There are three separate LED circuits. One for the Red LED on the top, one for the two yellow LEDs on the sides and one for the white LED for the reel. I currently have them all wired to GI but plan on keeping the reel to GI and the Yellow and Red to separate flasher circuits. That is why there are to separate wire bundles coming from the back of the slot machine. One for GI and one for flashers.
I do not take credit for this mod idea as Pinside research yielded lots of ideas and reference material. Thanks to those folks that have shared their ideas with the forum. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good work, it is a very time consuming mod to make. It is also a very finicky mod to install and get set right so that the reel spins. it’s hard on tools to cut the circle out of the front. Lastly, the slots are NLA, get yours from Yelobird if you want it as they will not be available. You might find a random one on eBay now and then, but it will be rare.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lermods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-slot-machine-mod-fun?tu=Lermods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.