• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Hello Again!

The last issue I have with my TZ is the slot machine not functioning when a ball enters or when you plunge the ball past the skill shots. The solenoid will not fire or recognize that the ball is in there. After a few moments the machine does a search and will dispense the ball. The machine is level and the solenoid will fire corectly in test mode. The switch however will not close when I test it. I am assuming it is the following switch and I am going to replace it: Slot Kickout 5647-12693-25. Should this resolve my issue or could it be something else? It's funny cause every once in a while it does work as it should, but most of the time the game needs to try and find the ball and dispenses it that way. Do i also need to worry about the Slot Proximity A-16535 switch as well? Where exactly is this as it looks like it is under the Slot scoop to get to it. Any feedback would be great.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbeOne:

It's funny cause every once in a while it does work as it should,

Tests - Switch Edge - lower the switch, does it work every time you push it ? If so put it back and adjust it so the ball closes it.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Hey LTG,

The switch will not close (when lowered) in 'Switch Edge' test. Replace the switch?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbeOne:

Hey LTG,
The switch will not close (when lowered) in 'Switch Edge' test. Replace the switch?

check that the diode is intact and good. if it's split or bad, that would def impact it functioning.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbeOne:

Replace the switch?

Yes.

#6 1 year ago

If you have the playfield up, and are moving the arm of the switch to try and activate it in Switch Edge test, listen for the sound of the switch activation coming from the speakers. If you don't hear that, listen for the sound of the click coming from the switch itself(the arm moves a little plunger inside the switch, see picture). If you can't hear either of those, definitely replace the switch.

If you can move it far enough with your finger to get it to activate, then all you need to do is bend the arm up a little bit to shorten the travel of the arm so that the ball can activate it reliably.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#7 1 year ago

Thanks for great advice. I will let you know how it goes once i get back into the machine. I appreciate all of the information and help.

#8 1 year ago

Further question. Does anyone know what diode to order for that switch? I want to put an order in, but I am unfortunately oon vacation and not at home to check. I want to have a spare just in case I need it.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbeOne:

Further question. Does anyone know what diode to order for that switch? I want to put an order in, but I am unfortunately oon vacation and not at home to check. I want to have a spare just in case I need it.

1N4001 through a 1N4004 works just fine.

#10 1 year ago

When you replace the switch be sure and get wires in the same spots and silver band end of the diode facing the same direction.

1 week later
#11 1 year ago

***UPDATE***

Replaced the diode and switch. However, I think the problem was the clearance for the switch and metal lever. IT was not releasing the button on the switch. I angled the switch with 1 screw instead of the 2 screws and now everything works perfect. Thanks for all the help. Having Covid delayed the fixing till today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 132.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-slot-machine-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.