• 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by gambit3113
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 13 years ago

Beware of what I believe is a TZ craigslist scam:

bellingham.craigslist.org link

I've seen this posted in Seattle, WA, Portland, OR and Boise, Idaho. Knowing it was too good to be true, I emailed the guy and he sent the following response to my inquiry:

Hi
Please apologize me for my delayed response. The pinball machine is in perfect working condition, i`m selling because i need money for my house mortgage.
The price is $2,300 and shipping and handling are included in the price. The pinball machine will be delivered from Seattle WA but so i can enlarge my perspectives, i listed it on numerous states. Shipping will take no more than 3-5 days.
I`m the most of my time gone from home due my work so my ONLY option to manage the transaction, is trough eBay Buyer Protection Program (it is not necessary to be a member), which means that you can be able to inspect the machine before i receive payment. You will have 5 days to inspect and verify the machine before the money
reach my account. If by any reason the machine is not as described, or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees and eBay will refund your money.
I'm sure it won't be the case because it's like new. I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to be sure everything is clarified before any further steps.
If you're still interested please reply and i will explain you the exact steps of the transaction
Hope to hear from you soon,

P.S. for pics please visit: http://www.use.com/44dd43ff102bded873ff

Note that he uses the "eBay Protection Program", which does exist, but he isn't selling it through eBay. My guess is that if you email him back, his "steps of the transaction" will involve him getting your $ and you getting nothing or a near worthless machine. All pretty sophisticated for someone who can barely speak/write english.

#2 13 years ago

It might be a scam. The same person has been posting on our bay area CL.

#3 13 years ago

I saw the same ad for Atlanta,Ga. and Orlando, Fl.[i think).
SCAM!!!

#4 13 years ago

Just tell him you live in Seattle WA and you can be over in 10 mins to inspect it - and you will pay cash when you get there.

But Im banking on this is a scam - no one would include 300 bucks for shipping to someone if they are a trying to pay their mortgage, - typical SCAM using third party for payment

I would stay away - but at least tell him you live down the street and you will be right over to check it out.

I HATE THESE GUYS

#5 13 years ago

Speaking of a TZ I saw this local ad this morning. I already own one but if anyone else is in the market for this machine in the area:

fortwayne.craigslist.org link

#6 13 years ago

BD thats the same Guy!

#7 13 years ago

Here is the same ad in Southern California. Boy this guys really gets around...

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#8 13 years ago

Its a scam same exact listing for me in Arizona phoenix.craigslist.org link

#9 13 years ago

WOW !!! ... goes to show you it's best to ask here first .. good thing I wasn't in the market for one

This guy is just asking for trouble as New Haven for me is a ten minute drive. BTW Craigslist is aware of this and removing all the ads.

#10 13 years ago

If Craigslist would simply charge a nominal fee and put that money toward fraud prevention, it would actually be a useful service again.

I was looking for a home theater projector via craigslist. Literally three out of four ads was a scam.

#11 13 years ago

This has been up in Dallas for a couple days, too.

#12 13 years ago

I had the same response sent to me....SCAM for sure.

#13 13 years ago

We've had this same Craigslist post brought up before. It's totally a scam. The operator probably isn't even in the US

#14 13 years ago

I'm sure it is a scam. I don't care though I got a better deal than that for my Twilight Zone. $1,700

#15 13 years ago

ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY A SCAM!!!! THESE PICTURES WERE STOLEN FORM Pintasticpinball.

ebay.com link: TWILIGHT ZONE PINBALL MACHINE EARLY PRODUCTION L K

I have been in this garage, I have purchased 3 pins from Brian at Pintasticpinball. When I first saw the scam posting I thought to myself - I recognize the back ground, that's because I have been there.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

#16 13 years ago

No, but what do you really think Bill? Is it a scam?

#17 13 years ago

Has anyone really tried to contact him?
like repeatedly sent him emails for more details & Questions?

#18 13 years ago

Some people on the REC group have. He refuses to give anyone his number and tells them that he doesn't see any reason to have to talk to anyone on such a simple deal. He wants to send you a link to a personal eBay listing, which is obviously just set up on a mirror site to look like the real deal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 12.95
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 1,059.00
$ 132.00
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-scam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.