You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TZ-Clock with ORANGE Fluxx-LEDs-337.JPG
TZ-Clock with ORANGE Fluxx-LEDs.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Hello all,

Ok here is the deal. I have a early sample TZ with the green lock and white clock face.

I just got in the Ingo Germany LED Clock Board to change out the board to leds.

I want everyone's option on what to do color wise on the board.

I purchased extra leds from Ingo so I could color it if I wanted to match the color decal.

So right now it is a white face and blue case.

So should I leave it white led and white face? Or change it to white face but color leds?

NOTE These are not flashing - color changing, but colored leds to match the color decal. Ingo just got a batch of special Orange Leds in and I am the first to get some.

Being that it is a early sample what is everyone option on color for the clock?

Thanks
Magicchiz

#2 9 years ago

I have the same clock.

I'm going to try Green in mine, but as a fallback, I'm going to Warm White, to make it look factory. On my TZ, I'm not big on 'mods', so that's why I'm more into the factory look.

#3 9 years ago

I think the rainbow looks best. Check out a video I made a few weeks ago:

#4 9 years ago

I would only go warm white.

#5 9 years ago

Only that you can imagine, how the orange superflux-Leds look like.
They are not yellow, not amber but real orange. I have bought only 8 pieces (hard to get) and 4 of them went to Magicchiz.

TZ-Clock with ORANGE Fluxx-LEDs.JPGTZ-Clock with ORANGE Fluxx-LEDs.JPG

#6 9 years ago

Thanks Ingo,

I look forward to seeing them. Want to get everyone's option on what colors to use. Especially because it is a early sample.

I love options and to be able to change it up.
Thanks again for making it happen with the orange LED's
Magicchiz

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

... Thanks again for making it happen with the orange LED's
Magicchiz...

The orange ones are samples from my manufacturer especially for you, thats the reason, why I only got 8. Never had them before and my manufacturer does not have them in stock in great quantities, only a few.

Never saw an early sample - could you post a photo??

#8 9 years ago

I think rainbow looks the best with the white face.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Thanks Ingo,
I look forward to seeing them. Want to get everyone's option on what colors to use. Especially because it is a early sample.
I love options and to be able to change it up.
Thanks again for making it happen with the orange LED's
Magicchiz

It sldnt mattter if its a sample or production tz itself looks about the same ?mines a production with a white face and rgb color changers looks great one best mods ive did

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from german-pinball:

The orange ones are samples from my manufacturer especially for you, thats the reason, why I only got 8. Never had them before and my manufacturer does not have them in stock in great quantities, only a few.
Never saw an early sample - could you post a photo??

Not much difference in looks just has some different features that dont really do much for gameplay still cool to have a early one tho

#11 9 years ago

Ingo the early samples had the third magnet, white clock, green lock insert, and different back box artwork. that's really it. Only thing that is different in game play is the third magnet. if it is hooked up and working.
magicchiz

#12 9 years ago

The LEDs are so easy to change out with Ingo's board, you might as well try them both out to see what you like best. I have both the warm whites and the color changers and I love them both equally.

I love the warm whites because they look so factory original, it's scary. (I've currently got the white face in my clock.)

I love the color changers because they're cool in how random they are and it really fits with the theme well. Plus, I've got the brightness turned down to about 70% so it doesn't detract from the rest of the playfield.

The LEDs are truly some of the best out there, too. As you can see from the above video, when the lights on the clock during a clock mode flash on and off, there's not the standard "LED flicker" from most LED's 1/0, on/off state. These LEDs bloom in and out like a filament bulb more than any other LED I've ever seen(outside of those controlled by herg's OCD add-ons).

#13 9 years ago

I found a video in my youtube channel.

I think, it is a sample clock face - the video is not mine, it was made by Rush from the US a long time agon.

#14 9 years ago

And here is the best video ever, made by Marc from the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=11&v=ED8AXEYgz_M

#15 9 years ago

those are great videos. Although I am not a big fan of color changers. So I really am going of plain white or the solid color leds on the white face.
What do you guys think. Early sample game, White or color's?
Magicchiz

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

those are great videos. Although I am not a big fan of color changers. So I really am going of plain white or the solid color leds on the white face.
What do you guys think. Early sample game, White or color's?
Magicchiz

Like i said in a earlier post early samples look same as production for most part so thats not important most people put white faces on tz bc it just looks better and u can put any bulb u want behind the white face and it looks good i personally i like rgb changers as they really add to the theme

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
$ 132.00
$ 40.00
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-sample-clock-led-options and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.