Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

post.jpg
    antibounce.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I tried to search for the consensus fix for this issue, but how are people preventing the ball from bouncing out of the rocket shot? I have tried to adjust the metal plate for a steeper hold but then it screws up the path to the hitchhiker shot. There is a new rubber there on the post and also a cliffy on the switch hole. It just seems to spin out of there 50% of the time.

#2 10 years ago

Mine does the same.

#3 10 years ago

This is a common problem. I'm not sure if there's a fix, but I'm sure that there's an ingenious TZ lover out there who has figured out a simple, non-destructive, mod that will solve it.

Let's hope they chime in.

#4 10 years ago

Replace the screw with a minipost w/ rubber and it should stop it from bouncing out. I got this from the Retroblast site.

antibounce.jpgantibounce.jpg

#5 10 years ago

And there you have it!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Replace the screw with a minipost w/ rubber and it should stop it from bouncing out. I got this from the Retroblast site.

brilliant!

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Capper96:

I tried to search for the consensus fix for this issue, but how are people preventing the ball from bouncing out of the rocket shot? I have tried to adjust the metal plate for a steeper hold but then it screws up the path to the hitchhiker shot. There is a new rubber there on the post and also a cliffy on the switch hole. It just seems to spin out of there 50% of the time.

I don't think there is a consensus... just lots of decent ideas.

First make sure your game is leveled right.. then look at some of the suggestions here
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/tz$20rocket$20bounce/rec.games.pinball/4YXNgASJPHM/VDLCZF8yOSMJ
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/tz$20rocket$20bounce/rec.games.pinball/PrR-MnZwIGE/axn16rfzyHsJ
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/tz$20rocket$20bounce/rec.games.pinball/2kqhDDZ9AVQ/UbehDw-2pscJ

#8 10 years ago

Used to happen to me over 50% of the time. I adjusted the switch.. the switch arm was sticking out too high and was a little firm.. I bent it down so it wasn't taller than the midway point of the pinball. I have less than 2% bounce out, if any.

I wish I could say the same for the lock shot though... I get around 30-40% brick on that. I don't want to take much apart to inspect it though.

#9 10 years ago

This is the post that you need. $2.25 from Pinballlife. Stops 99% of bounceouts.

post.jpgpost.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Thanks! I'll try these ideas. As for the lock shot, I have had success with bending the roof of the tunnel to almost a 10 o'clock position, as well as hammering on the back of the turn to flatten it.

#11 10 years ago

I like that it bounces out some of the time. adds randomness

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

I like that it bounces out some of the time. adds randomness

A good strategy is to go for the skill-shot and then nudge it so that it DOES bounce out so you can catch it on your flipper. This is a lot safer than sending it to the pop bumpers from the rocket.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Same fix I have on mine except I do not have the rubber on the post since I didn't have a super thin one and the standard ring for that kind of application was too thick and the ball could not get down to the kicker after the skill shot

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

A good strategy is to go for the skill-shot and then Nudge it so that it DOES bounce out so you can catch it on your flipper. This is a lot safer than sending it to the pop bumpers from the rocket.

Thats true, but on mine once you bounced out of the skill shot it went off the top of the sling and STDM 90% of the time.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

A good strategy is to go for the skill-shot and then Nudge it so that it DOES bounce out so you can catch it on your flipper. This is a lot safer than sending it to the pop bumpers from the rocket.

It's better to just not take the skill shot at all Most take the controlled feed to the flipper from the slot machine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-rocket-shot-bouncing-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.