Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by razzamanaz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I looked through the topics on this and couldn't nail down quite the right issue, so here I am.
Problem: while playing, the flipper quit working its full stroke and just twitches. All others are working fine and the flipper parts are new as well as the coil and switch.

Any help would be appreciated

#2 11 years ago

It's one of 2 things.. EOS switch (doubtful) or flipper opto board.

Move the flipper opto board to the left and the left one to the right and see if the problem moves. If it does it could be a dirty opto or just a bad board

Just check your coil solder as well. I doubt this is it but check the flow and make sure all your connections are solid.

#3 11 years ago

Carefully go over solder joints at the coil lugs. The wires to them, diodes, and the tiny wires coming off the coil to them.

LTG

#4 11 years ago

Make sure to check the tiny wires on the coil going to the lugs as well...and make sure diodes are soldered good...

#5 11 years ago

Thanks, I will try these.

#6 11 years ago

Swap the opto board with the other side. I bet 99% that's it

#7 11 years ago

I swapped the opto boards and no change. I seems as there is a 50% voltage drop (didnt check with MM yet). The coil and power wires/solder are in great shape.

#8 11 years ago

Could it be the fliptonics board?

#9 11 years ago

fliptronics board is all there is left. You have a high and low voltage circuit (and fuses there). Cold solder / cracked solder joints could make it twitch (only when the button is pressed though). However, these boards are pretty tough. If this board has cracked solder joints, I would suspect every board in that backbox and have to reflow every connector. It's never just one.

1 week later
#10 11 years ago

Well it seems as I ruled out Optos, fliptronics board, EOS and flipper parts so far. The coil "looks" new and has 70 VDC going to it... and is definitely an aftermarket one, the left flipper coil is an original Williams one and functions perfectly. If I press the flipper button and nudge the plunger it pulls it slowly forward. Frustrating! Thanks for the help so far..

#11 11 years ago

In all this have you tried a different coil or swapped the twitching one to another flipper ?

LTG

#12 11 years ago

Not yet but that seems by best option at this point. might as well do that tonight ...LOL Thanks Mr. Obvious

#13 11 years ago

That was it... swapped one out of my TAF... Many thanks for all your help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 132.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-right-lower-flipper-twitching and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.