• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
1357188789538.jpg
1357188802651.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drshaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I bought this http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18530-6R because the original target was getting bent back and was level with the side of the slot scoop. I also bought the green one to replace clock millions. Now with the new targets, I'm getting crazy air balls. Shots off the glass and back over the flippers are normal.

I also rebuilt the flippers with new coils and they are pretty strong right now (I definitely used correct coils though).

The targets aren't getting bent and feel firm when the target is all the way pushed back against the backing... But it's almost like the gray pad is too soft, maybe? Any ideas?

I just ordered new flipper rubbers because after a few shots the flipper rubber will slide up and be flush with the bat and I'm thinking maybe that is giving the ball top spin?

#6 11 years ago

Thanks for the responses. I'm just baffled that the Marco reinforced target, that was engineered kind of specifically for this application, is giving off giant airballs straight from the factory. I did buy some pads from pinballlife.com (http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=410) and maybe I'll try adding some (I was thinking about cutting one of the pads down to about 1/4 the original and sticking the adhesive side to the back side of the target itself... so the two pads would mash together)..... or completely swapping the pad that came on the target but I'm not sure how these pads from pinballlife would be any better than what's on there now. Kind of annoying.

#8 11 years ago

FL-15411 (qty: 2)
FL-11722
FL-11753

How do I change the angle of the targets? I can't really bend the backing as it's pretty sturdy and reinforced (like it's supposed to be right? Should I just angle the plastic target piece a little more forward and downward? What about adding more backing like I was describing?

#10 11 years ago

I bent the plast piece down and that helped a tiny bit, but after a few direct hits it seemed back to normal. So I took one of the backings from pinball life, shaved it down a little... I kind of graded it. Skinnier on the bottom and thicker on the top. I stuck the adhesive side against the back of the target. That seem to solve it nearly 90%. A big direct hit brings the ball off the Playfield just slightly. Did the same thing on clock millions. Here's a bad pic.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 12.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 29.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drshaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-reinforced-targets-from-marco-now-more-air-balls-than-ever?tu=drshaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.