New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 163071)

TZ recommended mods

By Warbleboopie

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by AlexSMendes
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

So, my Twilight Zone is going through some serious shopping thanks to S&B Amusements in Austin, TX (thanks to them for doing all this work for me) and I was wondering what mods I should "definitely" get. I'm doing the gumball light mod, already have the colored gumballs for it, the piano mod, and a colorDMD. I was considering the clock board and was wondering if there is anything else I should definitely put into the game? I'm most concerned with playability, making the game easier to play and understand and indicating where shots should be hit because, as well all know, the rule in pinball that we want to be able to rely on is to hit the flashing or lit shots or lanes.
Thanks in advance for all your advice, I was thinking the slideshow tv or the slot machine might be good candidates too but y'all would know if they clutter up the playfield with no benefit so please let me know.

#2 4 years ago

I think the Pinsound mod for TZ is the absolute best mod possible for this game. If you enjoy the sound of the original track this might be out of the question. I think the Pinsound remix makes this game sound 100x better and I personally wouldn't go back. The sounds are close enough to the originals but sound so much better especially the Golden Earring riffs. You should check out their site and demo the sound tracks. I think its one the best mods around for games that lack good quality audio.

#3 4 years ago

Please check out my interactive mods for TZ at http://www.leesparts.com. Thank you!

#4 4 years ago

As said above - Pinsound board (get the Flipper Fidelity speaker set while you are at it as the stereo mix on TZ remix is great).

See if you can bribe sillyoldelf to sell you a set of his AWESOME side art. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-custom-side-decals. It really matches the playfield perfectly.

Magnet on the diverter to fix the bounce back issue.

Crazymuffin's TV mod is aces.

The spiral backboard art looks great as well.

#5 4 years ago

Gameplay, reliability, and highly suggested mods that are more functional than pretty to look at that I think are almost mandatory:

Ingo's Clock Board- makes the clock dead reliable, but also adds the ability to use superb quality LEDs in it.

GLM's mini playfield switch kit- really cleans up the look of that playfield, but also adds adjustability to those switches to make them as sensitive to ball touches as YOU want.

Magnet on the right ramp diverter- helps massively with the bounce back issue, barely noticeable.

Everything else is just adding decorations to a five layer cake. Plus, all of these mods can be had for less than $300.

#6 4 years ago

Watch your pooper here...plenty of people selling shite you can make yourself for $1....that's lesson 1.

Agree with Miguel351

#7 4 years ago

TheLaw is right. Most of those mods like the Slot Machine, are just $2 pencil sharpeners that people have drilled and added LEDs to. I think either LTG or vid1900 even posted a step by step guide on how to do it, too. I remember seeing it a while ago.

#8 4 years ago

And certain(t)ly and small area lit up can be done with a bulb/led and a $1 socket

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

I think the Pinsound mod for TZ is the absolute best mod possible for this game. If you enjoy the sound of the original track this might be out of the question. I think the Pinsound remix makes this game sound 100x better and I personally wouldn't go back. The sounds are close enough to the originals but sound so much better especially the Golden Earring riffs. You should check out their site and demo the sound tracks. I think its one the best mods around for games that lack good quality audio.

I'll check!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside