• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

23-blupb.jpg
blue_ball.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Here's one TZ mod you probably don't have. This is original & slightly used (during testing) and will look great in your machine. Or maybe it won't since they never used blue and went with white. In any case this is a piece of TZ history you might be interested in.

Picture: http://imgur.com/3P3NJ

PM me with an offer if you are interested. I will not read this thread. Thanks for looking!

#2 11 years ago

Wow, I was always hoping to see one of these. I probably can't afford it, but it's interesting to see anyways!

#3 11 years ago

Price ??

#4 11 years ago

It says make an offer.

I belong to another forum (i've been a member for two 2 years) and I still can't buy or sell there as they require 100 forum posts to do so.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from AHinton:

I will not read this thread ...

???

That's a rather odd thing to say in the first post of your own thread.

#6 11 years ago

I pm'd an offer of $1. I suggest we all do the same.

#8 11 years ago

its worth a few hundred or more.

#9 11 years ago

That's Super cool! Blue looks awesome.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

its worth a few hundred or more.

then he should take it to ebay where auctions belong.

To me it is worth $1.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

then he should take it to ebay where auctions belong.

To me it is worth $1.

you tell him wise kashikian warrior

#12 11 years ago

Is there any documentation that there is indeed a blue proto powerball? First I am hearing about it.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Is there any documentation that there is indeed a blue proto powerball? First I am hearing about it.

lawlor talks about it often

#14 11 years ago

If this is worth a few hundred bucks then I am going to buy a bunch of white ones and dye them blue.

"Blue Balls for everyone!!"

#15 11 years ago

Yes there are. I believe Pat gave some out at Expo at some point. I was offered one about 4 years ago but was putting money elsewhere. If legit it is probably worth 3-500. If someone else can reproduce them it is worth about 100, just MO of course.

#16 11 years ago

I actually prefer the white. It fits the theme better.

#17 11 years ago

I think it would be much harder to track the blue on the playfield. I'm guessing that's why they went with white instead.

#18 11 years ago

That is actually pretty cool. I don't think you can dye ceramic - but hey, I'm all in for a blue ball!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"Blue Balls for everyone!!"

no thanks.

#20 11 years ago

people will just post up offers, to the guy who registered today. where he can get market value then come back under his real name, or put the reserve on fleabay after we price it out for him.

only be good if we all offer less then to bucks for it.

#21 11 years ago

hahaha

#22 11 years ago

I guess I should clarify.

I'm not going to monitor this thread looking to debate what it's worth nor can I answer any questions about it. I'm not going to put this on eBay. I would have done so already if I wanted to do that. I'm looking to quietly and anonymously sell this item. If you don't want to make an offer then I understand. If you want to bid $1 go for it. I tried selling this on gamesforum.ca earlier this year but nobody answered me.

Thanks.

#23 11 years ago

Toss it on ebay, and I'm pretty certain a number of us will bid on it.

#25 11 years ago

I bought one for a quarter... what a bargain!

Smells like bubble gum, too

blue_ball.jpgblue_ball.jpg

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think it would be much harder to track the blue on the playfield. I'm guessing that's why they went with white instead.

Exactly. TZ has a dark playfield and the blue powerball almost disappears when it is in play.

LTG

#27 11 years ago

Yep, read an article on this yesterday. Apparently, with the kind of ceramic they used, only two colors were possible during production. Blue and white. The reason they went with white WAS because the blue was hard to see on the playfield, but not TZ's! They had a WH20 in a more complete stage of production that was ready to go to a show(like a vendor expo kinda thing) and they tried out the blue ball in the WH20. As you can imagine, it was very hard to see against WH20's dark blue playfield. It was then decided to use the white ball across the board and the white one went into production.

Neat history, don't think I'd want one, though. I would never use it and I don't need trophies.

#28 11 years ago

It most definitely disappears into the artwork ... this is a shot taken at pinball expo (many many years ago) ...

http://www.litz.org/23-blupb.jpg

23-blupb.jpg23-blupb.jpg

#29 11 years ago

Blue balls. Brilliant.

#31 11 years ago

I remember Jonathan Deitch being awarded a blue powerball for being (at the time) the biggest supporter and tech helper of TZ. Mid 90's I believe it was? Anyway, everyone was pretty congratulatory yet envious of Jonathan at the same time

#32 11 years ago

Jonathan Deitch, patron saint of TZ! I think that's him up there, litz

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-prototype-blue-powerball-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.