1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 88 days ago by ParisPinballAdct
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Good Afternoon All: When a ball is "Locked" and two balls remain in the trough, the machine will dispense two balls not just one. I have tried the suggestions in this thread without any indication of the problem. In the test modes all trough switches show one, two, or three balls when occupied as does the shooter switch. When the balls are removed, the switches indicate the correct number and placement of balls. The Eddy Sensor is also reporting correctly. This only happens when one ball in "Locked". Any suggestions? Thanks,

#2 1 year ago

Correct number of balls in the game and all accounted for ?

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Shooter switch won't mean a thing here. Has no effect on code kicking out two balls. Only the trough switches do.

You say:

Quoted from lynnpin:

In the test modes all trough switches show one, two, or three balls when occupied

What's the 4th trough switch show?
    Best tes t- go into the Gumball Test, and select to load a gumball. Catch the ball before it makes it to the gumball machine, so you can view the trough switches. Yes, all *4* of them.

#4 1 year ago

All balls are in the game and accounted for. When I follow Coyote's suggestion, the 4 trough switches show the correct number of pinballs as they are tested. What next? Thanks

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from lynnpin:

All balls are in the game and accounted for. When I follow Coyote's suggestion, the 4 trough switches show the correct number of pinballs as they are tested. What next? Thanks

And it shows *3* balls in the trough. Not 4?

If that's the case, then do this:

Go into Gumball Test mode.
    Use the Up/Down arrows until "Load One Gumball" is selected.
    With one finger, hold the autofire diverter CLOSED.
    Hit 'Enter'.
    Watch the display. It will kick one ball out. You will see:
    -- The #1 position go dark. #2 and #3 will stay lit as the arm pushes the ball out.
    -- When the arm pulls back in, the indicators should shift as #2 rolls to #1 and #3 rolls to #2.
    -- The first ball will stay in the shooter lane. We expect this.

#6 1 year ago

Yes, three balls are shown in the trough, not 4. I followed your suggested procedure and the machine worked as you said. The ball was kicked out and the trough indicators now show a ball ready to be ejected and another beside it, (positions #1 and #2).

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from lynnpin:

Yes, three balls are shown in the trough, not 4. I followed your suggested procedure and the machine worked as you said. The ball was kicked out and the trough indicators now show a ball ready to be ejected and another beside it, (positions #1 and #2).

Okay, then to it again - but without putting the third ball back in. Leave it out in the shooter lane, and watch it go from 2 balls to 1.

#8 1 year ago

OK, I just did as you instructed and the machine works as expected. As the problem only occurs when the LOCK is LIT and a ball is subsequently shot into the Kick-out hole and held - any thoughts on how would this affect the ball dispensing?

#9 1 year ago

Continuing the thought, when a ball is "Locked" multiple balls are dispensed (2 since that is what remains in the trough), otherwise the machine correctly dispenses one ball into the Shooter Lane at a time. If the 2 balls are then removed from the Shooter Lane and re-fed into the ball trough, the machine again dispenses both balls into the Shooter Lane. If an "extra ball" (the total in the machine is now 7..... 3 in the Gumball, 1 in Lock, 3 in the trough, the machine dispensed 2 as before, but left the "extra ball - #7) in the trough ready to be dispensed. STRANGE, huh?

#10 1 year ago

For what it's worth, I just played a game until I "Locked" a ball, then I added an additional ball so that there would be 3 balls in the trough, 3 in the Gumball, and 1 in Lock. The machine did as before, dispensing 2 balls into the Shooter Lane and leaving the "extra" ball in the trough ready for dispensing. Still a mystery as to why 2 balls are dispensed only when the Lock is made.

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from lynnpin:

For what it's worth, I just played a game until I "Locked" a ball, then I added an additional ball so that there would be 3 balls in the trough, 3 in the Gumball, and 1 in Lock. The machine did as before, dispensing 2 balls into the Shooter Lane and leaving the "extra" ball in the trough ready for dispensing. Still a mystery as to why 2 balls are dispensed only when the Lock is made.

There's your problem - TZ is a _six_ game ball, and 3+3+1=7.

#12 1 year ago

Yes, I understand that! The extra ball was used just for testing the trough switches.

#13 1 year ago

Well, even a blind hog finds an acorn if he keeps on rooting. The problem is solved! Turns out that the mechanical switches for position 1 and 2 in the trough were both "lightly" binding against the lower side of the slot (towards the player) in which they operate when the playing field was in the “Play” position. When the playing field was lifted for inspection the very long switch arms had enough “play” they naturally gravitated "down" towards the center of their slot and away from the binding so that they then looked to be OK. I adjusted the two switch arms toward the center of the slot giving more clearance and the problem was immediately solved. Hurray! My thanks to you all for your suggestions and time. Lynn

9 months later
    #14 88 days ago

Awesome - will try that as well as i am experiencing the EXACT same issue on my own TZ with 2 balls being dispensed after i lock a ball...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 45.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 190.00
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 79.99
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 109.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside