Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by sb80
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

My TZ isnt reckognizing that its shooting the ball out the slot machine hole. Could this be a bad comparator/lm339?

#2 12 years ago

Bad/faulty switch or loose wire.There's a switch on the scoop under the playfield.Test it in switch test

#3 12 years ago

sounds like you just need a switch adjustment inside the scoop.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

My TZ isnt reckognizing that its shooting the ball out the slot machine hole. Could this be a bad comparator/lm339?

Put it in switch test and roll a ball into the subway, sounds like a bad switch or a wire may be off.

#5 12 years ago

Thanks for the help, thats why I love pinside. Would that be switch 58?

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

Thanks for the help, thats why I love pinside. Would that be switch 58?

I believe so, it rolls over 57 (prox sensor) in the subway and lands on 58 slot kickout.

#7 12 years ago

You pinballers were correct, the switch just needed adjustment. Thanks for all the help!

#8 12 years ago

Damn we're good.

#9 12 years ago

Now Ive noticed my left flipper doesnt work in the hold power mode when testing. Works when I play the game. I checked the associated transistors on the fliptronics board and they check ok with my DMM but I know they could still be bad. Connections on the coils are good too. Anyone ever have this issue?

#10 12 years ago

And yes you pinheads and tracelifter are damn good! I greatly appreciate the help!

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

left flipper doesnt work in the hold power mode when testing

Check the EOS switch

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from sb80:

Now Ive noticed my left flipper doesnt work in the hold power mode when testing. Works when I play the game. I checked the associated transistors on the fliptronics board and they check ok with my DMM but I know they could still be bad. Connections on the coils are good too. Anyone ever have this issue?

As long as it works in gameplay it is fine, the test on FT 2 is funky and doesn't mean anything.
Just ignore it.

#13 12 years ago

Thanks again pinside, pinmike and tracelifter. I figured something was goofy, likely me. If the flipper worked during gameplay and didnt have hold power then it would just be using the main power. Which isnt possible from what I read, regardless of the EOS switch the cpu automatically switchs to hold power after a few milliseconds or the coli would burn. Something in that area, it was late.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 9.95
$ 14.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 132.00
$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.