7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Can anyone give me an idea of what a good price on this TZ might be?

I know it is hard to tell from the photos, but if you could give me an idea that would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

1.jpg1.jpg 2.jpg2.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg4.jpg 5.jpg5.jpg 6.jpg6.jpg

#2 12 years ago

More Photos

7.jpg7.jpg 8.jpg8.jpg 9.jpg9.jpg 10.jpg10.jpg

#3 12 years ago

TZ is on the rise.

One side of cab faded, no playfield wear from what I can see, looks pretty clean, but could definitely use a good polish.

If the seller isn't in the "twilight zone", I'd say a non-crazy price for this machine is in the 3200-3600 range? Someone with more experience please chime in.

Wish I could afford one

#4 12 years ago

I'd say at least $3850.

#5 12 years ago

Looks reasonably clean from the pics for a currently on route machine.

It has something wrong > since it has a credit dot. Maybe something easy but never know.

3200 to 3600 is a STEAL for a TZ that is not completely beat IMHO.

It is tough to give a good estimate without better pics and more details but if you can get if for less than 4000 you are doing fine. Just my opinion of course.

Good luck.

#6 12 years ago

Clean, shopped examples have been going in the $4,000 to $5,000 range lately. I'd put this one south of that but not by much. You can search around on things to look for on a TZ. A working clock is something to look for.

#7 12 years ago

I see a Credit Dot in the pics which means there is existing errors so I would definitely at least step through the menu's and see what it says.

#8 12 years ago

I just picked up one with fade on the right side, rebuilt clock and gumball and a few mods for 45.
No manual and missing knocker but came with an extra set of boards.
This is a good deal out here in Ca.

TZ_001.jpgTZ_001.jpg TZ_003.jpgTZ_003.jpg

#9 12 years ago

Yeah, I saw the credit dot as well so I'd try to diagnose the issue before making an offer. But I'd think anything under $4K would be a steal from the pics.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from wonderpuddle:

Yeah, I saw the credit dot as well so I'd try to diagnose the issue before making an offer. But I'd think anything under $4K would be a steal from the pics.

I'd disagree. Buddy got a TZ from another collector within the last 2 months for 3900 with mods (pinball pro, rocket ship, and a few others).

This has cab fade, lockdown bar, and issues. It doesn't appear to have any mods. I would say fully working its probably worth around 4 on pinside. Keep in mind the ones going for more have a number of mods that get very expensive.

This one? I would put around 3500 or less. You can spend a good amount on new clock boards, housing, etc. What we cannot tell in the pics is if the mini pf has planked which is very common. that is another 160-180? We cannot see scoop wear if the welds are broken on the scoop. honestly from the pics you cannot tell too much, the main pf could be planked for all we know.

Not to be negative, but saying oh anything under 4k is a steal is just not very smart. There is too much that can be wrong with it and we know it has at least some issues. Besides if the seller knew alot about pinball machines he would know to either fix the issues or not take a picture of the credit dot.

#11 12 years ago

I think $3800 would be a great price for it.

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from wonderpuddle:

I'd suggest never trying to diagnose an issue before you buy a machine. A few things can happen, none of them good:

1) You diagnose the issue. Seller decides the game is worth more now.
2) You start poking around and screw something up further on a game you don't yet own. At the best, seller is really pissed at you now.
3) The seller thinks that you're trying to make up stuff to show him to change the value of the machine. Seller becomes paranoid about your true intentions.

None of that is something you want. Open it up, SEE what the error is, but don't attempt any fixes.

As for price, I think that depending on what that error is, you're looking at a $3500-$3900 example there. Fade, cabinet drilled for lockdown bar, and some sort of issue that needs correcting all contribute.

#13 12 years ago

I'm going to say 3800 would be a good deal as well. If it's a local deal you may go a bit more. These are going up in price so you should do well in that range.

#14 12 years ago

Credit dot, lockdown bar, cab fad, and the stock cards look brown. Do you know if that hotdog machine as been running next to it? I'd point out a few of these and start the offering at $3200 (assuming it plays OK/well). It would need a good inspection in person as there is so much potential for issues depending on history.

#15 12 years ago

Yeah, I saw this on eBay.. currently up to $3850. ebay.com link: TWILIGHT ZONE PINBALL MACHINE

Definitely a gamble if you are just going by those photos.

#16 12 years ago

Thanks for all of your insights. This is about an hour away from me, so I am going to take a ride down and see what it is all about. The owner is an operator so it definitely is not HUO. Think it is currently in a bar.

My biggest problem is that with the diagnostics in the machine and by looking at it, I can probably figure out what is not working the way that it should be... but I will have no idea what it will take to fix it.

Doubt the seller will go below the current ebay bid, but cash in hand sometimes trumps bid on line.

Does anyone know of a TZ in the Pennsylvania/Northern Maryland that a fellow Pinsider is offering for sale that might be a little safer? Don't need any mods or toys, just looking for a good playing machine in good condition for $4000 or less.

Thanks again all!
Chris

#17 12 years ago

I'd offer 4k if he throws in the hot dog machine.

#18 12 years ago

A TZ is Good Shape working 100% ,, $ 4300.00 to $ 5K easy !!!

#19 12 years ago

The machine is back on Ebay. Guess the buyer didn't like it so much once he got there to pick it up. Bought it for $4150, right now on eBay with a starting price of $4100.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.