Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00801 (resized).JPG
DSC00800 (resized).JPG
DSC00799 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.35.08 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.35.29 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.38.13 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkaelin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Here's a mystery that I know some of you can help me solve.
I've got a reimport TZ that has been pretty reliable. Lately it had reset issues, so I took a freshly repaired power driver board and dropped it in.
I labelled the connectors as I was disconnecting things, and then started plugging it all back in.
I checked the manual as I reconnected everything and came to discover that three sets of plugs appear to be either labelled wrong (my error) OR they were plugged into the old board incorrectly...at least, according to the manual. I know manuals sometimes have errors, and so in an effort to avoid blowing stuff up, here is what I need to know.

#1 J-120 VS J-121.
Should J-120 - 1 be unused, followed by J-120-2 Orange, and etc....as per the image from the manual?
Should J-121-1 be Brown, followed by J-121-2 Orange, and etc...as per the image from the manual?

#2 J-134 VS J-135
J-134. The manual says J-134 is not used. But I had something plugged into J-134, I had a connector with two wires that the manual says should be plugged into J-135 (two wires, J-135-8, which is red/violet, and J-135-9, which is red/grey). So should it be in J-134 or J-135?

#3 J-138 VS J-137
J-138 is apparently not used, according to the manual. But it appears that I had the connector that the manual says should be in J-137 plugged into J-138.

I haven't even had a beer, but my eyes aren't what they used to be. Perhaps I mislabeled them....
Is the manual correct? Did I really mislabel three connectors? Would there be any reason why the connectors would be plugged into a different plug?
Would having a re-import game have anything to do with this? I would like to avoid blowing my freshly restored power driver board.

Help!
Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.35.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.35.08 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.35.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.35.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.38.13 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-29 at 7.38.13 PM (resized).png
#2 4 years ago

BTW, pictures of a TZ's hooked up power driver board would be amazing...

#5 4 years ago

That is amazing!!!! Wow, I had no idea. Thank you so much!!!
I wasn't thinking they were related to the resets, I just was second guessing my labelling job, since the manual numbers and the numbers I inked on the connectors were different. So I guess if I want to just hook things up as per the manual, that should be A-OK, even though it was different than what I had?

#7 4 years ago

If there is sainthood for pinball enthusiasts, you definitely qualify.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkaelin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-power-driver-board-hook-up-confirmation-help?tu=bkaelin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.