Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello all! Was playing my TZ tonight and I finally decided to take a really close look at some mylar bubbling about 6 inches down, right side of slot machine. Been there since I got the pin about 6 months ago. Just figured it was coming unglued. Wasn't a big problem so I have been ignoring it until tonight. Got in there and decided I was pealing it off. Took a while but I got it off and cleaned up the little bit of glue left behind with alcohol. Now for the problem. I guess previous owner put the mylar down to try and cover what I guess is planking. About one inch long and you can literally push it down but it pops back up just a touch. Like a straight, tight, crack.( LOL ) It appears very minor, no damaged paint, and I have already ordered a new piece of mylar from Marco which by the way, the new piece looks considerably bigger than the old piece I pealed off. Do you think this will suffice or do I do something different? Really don't want to consider replaceing playfield because other than this, it is really nice. Thoughts?????

#2 9 years ago

I don't know that the mylar will correct anything but applied correctly it may prevent the situation from getting worse?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from jbp8653:

Hello all! Was playing my TZ tonight and I finally decided to take a really close look at some mylar bubbling about 6 inches down, right side of slot machine. Been there since I got the pin about 6 months ago. Just figured it was coming unglued. Wasn't a big problem so I have been ignoring it until tonight. Got in there and decided I was pealing it off. Took a while but I got it off and cleaned up the little bit of glue left behind with alcohol. Now for the problem. I guess previous owner put the mylar down to try and cover what I guess is planking. About one inch long and you can literally push it down but it pops back up just a touch. Like a straight, tight, crack.( LOL ) It appears very minor, no damaged paint, and I have already ordered a new piece of mylar from Marco which by the way, the new piece looks considerably bigger than the old piece I pealed off. Do you think this will suffice or do I do something different? Really don't want to consider replaceing playfield because other than this, it is really nice. Thoughts?????

It sounds like a screw that is too long was used on the slot kickout solenoid bracket. There are only 2 screws holding the bracket in place and it was common for them to come loose and the holes get stripped. Unfortunately it was also common that some operators used a bigger, longer screw to fix the problem. So first thing is first, check the screws holding the bracket in place. I suppose it's possible the area can be made flat again, but I don't know the best way to do that. Perhaps someone else might have a suggesting for that.

Rob

#4 9 years ago

Rob G nailed it. You'll see many TZs where longer screws have poked through the playfield there. Some can be repaired by a pro. Others aren't worth it. If you can cover it up again and not have it bother you, I would just do that.

#5 9 years ago

After ensuring the screws are correct, I would take a real good pic and send it to one of the playfield restorers for their advice.

#6 9 years ago

Thank you guys! Will just re apply mylar and call it a day

#7 9 years ago

Yeah I have the same thing, and have seen it on others. Put a small circle mylar over it and it has never bothered me and never really noticed it changing the ball roll so no big whoop.

You could make it flatter if you can get a clamp on it. Worked great on my slot kick out that was coming apart but that's a lot easier.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-playfield-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.