IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_6745.jpg
$(KGrHqZ,!r!FG8DCFG!6BR3EW4!cwg~~60_35.jpg
IMG_0051.JPG
2013-07-08_20.36.12.jpg
PianoModColor.jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Nice to see things remained orderly while I was away. The pianos will ship this week with included information on what's up. I paid for the pianos in full myself, but small errors in the model caused things to be pushed back until they were corrected. Now that the major issues are resolved, I can send the current models out. Like I said, I don't have a TZ at the moment, so I have been sending someone in California test models to correct and send back to me. The only issue now is the keyboard lights not lighting up the whole keyboard. Most everyone is fine with how it is now, but some picky individuals caused the models to be revised yet again. When ready, everyone who purchased the original piano with the lighted keyboard will receive this updated one for free. Anyways, I'm still here trying to build a better mousetrap. If anyone has issues, PM personally so I can distribute information that doesn't fall along the lines of gossip.

#52 10 years ago

Any pics of the updated model(CAD or real)?

Also, it might help those that are itchy to get their hands on what they paid for to list all of the changes you made to the original model...

#53 10 years ago

"Sun July 28th 2013 12:55pm CDT

If you were expecting immediate shipment, than you were not reading my threads regarding model production. Despite that, I apologize for the lack of communication on my part. I will refund your money and remove you from the product update list as requested.

Colton
"

"Tue July 30th 2013 04:23pm CDT

Threats are not going to procure a hasty payment reversal either, but I'll comply for now. I'm heading over to PayPal to transfer the funds. The other issue is a repeat of your issue (can't wait for the finished product and needs the funds returned for something else). Keep in mind that this is a zero percent lucrative endeavor for me and everyone involved. To expect 100% percent of my time into this project is too abstract to even form a debate over (although, I can say for the past 3 months, I had to cut my education short to keep this project moving and people happy). The goal was to provide something other than a pencil sharpener and at a much lower cost. If the investment is returned, that will be looking on the bright side of things. I hope to see you again when things are better on both of our ends.

Colton
"

3 days now and counting and still hasn't happened. Because it takes SO MUCH TIME to send my money back via paypal, right? Can't find the 30 seconds to log in, another 2 minutes to fill out the four or five boxes to send my money back?

PM you personally....well...seems that didn't work. You've had another 24 hours and still can't be bothered to do it.

/cue Yakkety Sax.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

"Sun July 28th 2013 12:55pm CDT
If you were expecting immediate shipment, than you were not reading my threads regarding model production. Despite that, I apologize for the lack of communication on my part. I will refund your money and remove you from the product update list as requested.
Colton
"
"Tue July 30th 2013 04:23pm CDT
Threats are not going to procure a hasty payment reversal either, but I'll comply for now. I'm heading over to PayPal to transfer the funds. The other issue is a repeat of your issue (can't wait for the finished product and needs the funds returned for something else). Keep in mind that this is a zero percent lucrative endeavor for me and everyone involved. To expect 100% percent of my time into this project is too abstract to even form a debate over (although, I can say for the past 3 months, I had to cut my education short to keep this project moving and people happy). The goal was to provide something other than a by Text-Enhance">pencil sharpener and at a much lower cost. If the investment is returned, that will be looking on the bright side of things. I hope to see you again when things are better on both of our ends.
Colton
"
3 days now and counting and still hasn't happened. Because it takes SO MUCH TIME to send my money back via paypal, right? Can't find the 30 seconds to log in, another 2 minutes to fill out the four or five boxes to send my money back?
PM you personally....well...seems that didn't work. You've had another 24 hours and still can't be bothered to do it.
/cue Yakkety Sax.

I couldn't send you a refund if the money wasn't there in the first place. I needed a day or two to transfer funds and for it to clear. Anyways, the refund was submitted through Paypal, but like always, it doesn't happen overnight. Paypal claims that the money transfer is pending until August 2nd. It's now out of my hands and with theirs. I can send you a picture of what shows up on my screen if that will provide you with concrete reassurance.

#55 10 years ago

Okay, I'll be glad to eat crow when it shows up. Sure. Send me the pic.

#56 10 years ago

Email sent

#57 10 years ago

Okay, fair enough. Your picture shows that you did send it yesterday like you said you would. I do owe you an apology, publically, because if I actually actively used that email address for anything but transactions of this nature, I would've already known that you had sent it, and that's my own bonehead move. When I went to check for your picture, I saw that paypal had already sent an automated notification (though why it didn't send an alert to my phone Paypal client where I have push notifications turned on...going to be bugreporting that one..) to that email address. Clearly, I need to change my paypal address to something that's actually USED more frequently so I can not make an arse of myself in this manner in the future.

#58 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Okay, fair enough. Your picture shows that you did send it yesterday like you said you would. I do owe you an apology, publically, because if I actually actively used that email address for anything but transactions of this nature, I would've already known that you had sent it, and that's my own bonehead move. When I went to check for your picture, I saw that paypal had already sent an automated notification (though why it didn't send an alert to my phone Paypal client where I have push notifications turned on...going to be bugreporting that one..) to that email address. Clearly, I need to change my paypal address to something that's actually USED more frequently so I can not make an arse of myself in this manner in the future.

I had every intention to return your money. My Paypal account was empty, so I needed to transfer funds from my bank account. Once I got the go ahead from Paypal, I issued the refund. I apologize for the lack of information and updates the past few days.

I'm actively trying to fix issues with the product itself. I'll be sending everyone their purchase tomorrow, but keep in mind that there are problems that need to be fixed. To everyone that remained on board, when I have them ready, I will send everyone the new model for free. This new model has a lighted keyboard that shines yellow and a piano reel that shines red. It simplifies wiring and fixes the light distribution problem along the keyboard.

I'm going to compose a standard email to send to everyone later today regarding the detailed nature of what's up and what's planned for the future.

#59 10 years ago

Things are running smoothly again. Almost everyone can now expect their item in the mail soon. I did run out of keyboard pieces, so I'll need to order more (this usually takes a little less than a week to receive). Two or three people did not get their items mailed out yet because of this, so I'll upgrade shipping when they're complete. I also wanted to mention that those who ordered and did not give me a shipping address, please provide me with this information so I can get them mailed (I think two of you did not, but I'll need to check through my list).

I included a letter with every lighted piano order that explains what's up and what has been going on. This also details the current issues and information on the next generation model that everyone who ordered lighted keyboard versions will be receiving when complete for free.

I had the COB LED strips delivered today and I don't see the lighted keyboard issue being a problem with the next generation model. I still have spots in my eyes from when I first tested it out.

Anyways, things are running again and I'll be updating more frequently now that I'm no longer needing to constantly tweak CAD models. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

#60 10 years ago

Great news! Can't wait to see v1.0 and thanks in advance for sending v2.0 when available!

#61 10 years ago

pmed you about a piano.

#62 10 years ago

Thanks! My v1.0 arrived yesterday. Will instal over the weekend. Looking forward to v2.0!

#63 10 years ago

Oh, I did want to post (publically) that everything was resolved between me and Pinballsmith, just so there's no confusion on that front. Money was refunded, it did take a few days to clear, but no biggie there.

#64 10 years ago

Got mine a couple days ago! Havent hooked it up yet, but feels SOLID! Version 1.0 that is.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Got mine a couple days ago! Havent hooked it up yet, but feels SOLID! Version 1.0 that is.

Good to hear. It's a little tricky to install according to a few people, but all have claimed nice results once finished. The next version is almost ready for production. I'm trying to flatten and lower the cutout portion of the piano to make the clock sit parallel to the bracket. Once that is corrected, I'll have a prototype made and sent to someone that will test it for me as I don't have a TZ at the moment. If everything is good to go, production will begin (typically taking 7-9 days for a small run).

If you have trouble installing it, someone was kind enough to send me the steps they took to get it positioned and hooked up. I can relay this information to you to make things easier.

#66 10 years ago

I will test version 2 for you if you need a tester close to you.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Let's see a photo once it's in.

Looking forward to V2 which should cover my order.

1 month later
#68 10 years ago

Does anyone have any news on this yet or a photo?

Is the V2 out yet?

1 week later
#69 10 years ago

Sorry to the guys who are waiting for updates, piano mods or other stuff from pinballsmith. But maybe his absence is in advance response to the advice I am about to offer in this post......

Apparently Pinballsmith wrote this to Frax:

(although, I can say for the past 3 months, I had to cut my education short to keep this project moving and people happy)

Really??? Man, don't cut your education short to make stuff like this. This is a luxury hobby. If you are going to take a break from something, take a break from the likely ridiculous amount of time you have spent on this piano project. I know how the pinball hobby can consume you and time just disappears. Focus on your education first! Get that done and start your career and then cut in some time for hobby stuff.

I imagine you are using this (designing/manufacturing) as part of your education but there is a lot more to it that has nothing to do with finishing school. Namely all the logistics involved and the headache of dealing with us impatient pinheads.

Just my two cents FWIW. Good Luck!

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Sorry to the guys who are waiting for updates, piano mods or other stuff from pinballsmith. But maybe his absence is in advance response to the advice I am about to offer in this post......
Apparently Pinballsmith wrote this to Frax:
(although, I can say for the past 3 months, I had to cut my education short to keep this project moving and people happy)
Really??? Man, don't cut your education short to make stuff like this. This is a luxury hobby. If you are going to take a break from something, take a break from the likely ridiculous amount of time you have spent on this piano project. I know how the pinball hobby can consume you and time just disappears. Focus on your education first! Get that done and start your career and then cut in some time for hobby stuff.
I imagine you are using this (designing/manufacturing) as part of your education but there is a lot more to it that has nothing to do with finishing school. Namely all the logistics involved and the headache of dealing with us impatient pinheads.
Just my two cents FWIW. Good Luck!

Yes, I've left the hobby for a while to pursue things more relevant to my education, but I haven't forgot about the piano mod project. I'm working on things as I have time. The major hurdle is the new upfront cost of getting the revision pieces made to the new desired specs. I've been trying to sell the first version models on eBay to help fund the next phase, but it's been slow. Even with that being said, I have a good feeling these will be available sometime near the middle of October.

I did come up with an idea to modify what has already been made. It's not entirely what was desired at first, but it might just be the solution I need. If everything checks out, I could have this version available in a week.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

Yes, I've left the hobby for a while to pursue things more relevant to my education, but I haven't forgot about the piano mod project.

Good for you. I have a kid in college now and I know how stressful college alone can be. Then add on the stress of a project of this scope and you are setting yourself up for failure somewhere. Somethings gotta give. Glad you chose school. Play will wait for you!

#72 10 years ago

Bravo. Sometimes it's a struggle to make those hard choices, especially if you're having to abandon a pet project for a while, but that was the right decision.

#73 10 years ago

Have you thought about putting the 3D models up on a site like Shapeways? You can set the profit you wish to make per unit, and customers can pick any material they'd like (nylon, brass, stainless, gold). They handle printing, fulfillment & payment, so once your model is uploaded and public, it's pretty low maintenance. You can also set if people are allowed to download / modify the model or not. The models would be unpainted (although some sites do offer 'full color' 3d prints, generally that material is pretty brittle) and customers would install their own lights, but you would avoid all the order fulfillment & mfg hassle issues.

I made a couple 3D printed pinball parts for my own use, and threw the models up on Shapeways in case anyone finds them useful (System 11 credit / start button, etc).

#74 10 years ago

I used shapeways when I first started doing this kind of work. I'll look into it more and see if I can get in contact with the guy that helped me get the models made to urethane casting standards. He suggested a few other methods that would work straight through shapeways. At the moment, the piano comes in three pieces to simplify the painting aspect, but if people wouldn't mind the extra effort of assembly and painting, I might as well make it an option.

#75 10 years ago

I'm looking further into utilizing Shapeways and I'm currently making a list of parts that people will need along with the model prints. Other than that, I'm thinking about releasing a limited run of the clock millions mod. Like the original, it will be made of brass (there will be several finishing options such as polished or antiqued brass). Below is the picture of the recently printed prototype. The material was spongy and really wasn't meant to be painted. The clock face was drawn myself using Photoshop and an old version of Flash. The main reason these will be limited is due to the cost of production. I'm not getting a break having these made like I did with the pianos and will need to pay full price for each unit. To those who are interested, please send me a PM for details. The clock face will be made using a similar method they use to make craft taxidermy eyes. In the pictures, I used computer paper instead of vinyl, so the ink is blotchy and uneven. Stay tuned.

IMG_0083.JPGIMG_0083.JPG IMG_0084.JPGIMG_0084.JPG

#76 10 years ago

I should have the clock finished in about a week. The pictures I posted were of the plastic prototype as I have yet to get a solid brass one completely finished. I'm only having a few dozen or so made, so if you're interested, please let me know and I'll start filling spots.

As for the pianos, I have a fix available to allow for lights under the keyboard. Like I promised, I'll still be sending everyone the complete assembly for free. It's the same model, but there is a white LED strip under the keys that will flash with the lamps. I would just send everyone instructions along with the new parts, but I don't want people trying to remove the piano keys without causing damage to the model or inflicting some form of self-injury.

To those that ordered cameras, I'm almost finished after a lengthy delay. These will be the last cameras I will make. I'm also ceasing production of the piano models after everyone receives their updated piece. As for the clocks, once the order list is full, that will be it for this mod project.
I want to get back into a full-time college schedule, but this project is holding me up. There is a chance I might start back up later, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

I want to get back into a full-time college schedule, but this project is holding me up. There is a chance I might start back up later, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Good Call.

#78 10 years ago

I'm currently accepting preorders for the new brass clock millions models. I really wanted to have a complete one ready to show by now, but manufacturing has been taking more time than I first anticipated. It will be about another week until I have the first one finished and presentable. I can greatly speed up production if I'm making a batch instead of just a single unit at a time, so I'm now accepting preorders for those who would like to be part of the first run.

The clock looks just like the pictured prototype, but the body will be made of solid brass (the pictured prototype is plastic with a brass layer of paint). Everything works and checks out. I should have the finished hand-casted brass models sent out in about three weeks tops.

The price is set at $150 for the completed assembly to those ordering through Pinside. Shipping is free everywhere and I would really like to see some pictures of this piece installed on your game. The run will be limited to a few dozen and are made to order. Please be aware of the production time when you consider placing an order. If you would like to order a clock or have any questions, please send a PM for further information.

IMG_0085.JPGIMG_0085.JPG IMG_0086.JPGIMG_0086.JPG
#79 10 years ago

Just wanted to update this thread with the finished brass model.

IMG_0104.JPGIMG_0104.JPG IMG_0106.JPGIMG_0106.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-piano-modaccessory-now-available/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.