IMG_4371.jpg
58593.jpg
IMG954831.jpg
pf populating 4.jpg
pf populating under 1.jpg
pf populating under 2.jpg
pf populating 3.jpg
pf populating under 3.jpg
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Intermittent garbage on display. Inoperative switches.

Did this ever actually happen to YOU, and I'm curious how I would've not noticed battery corrosion on the driver board, which is nowhere near the batteries..

Amazing how something that needs that much "repair" was still 100% functional to my eyes, and to yours as far as I know..

I actually made the owner replace the original driver board from this game because it was EXTREMELY hacked, burned traces, unrepairable. He gave me the one from his Johnny Mnemonic as opposed to just giving me some cash to buy a replacement, never had any issue with it.

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Did this ever actually happen to YOU, and I'm curious how I would've not noticed battery corrosion on the driver board, which is nowhere near the batteries..
Amazing how something that needs that much "repair" was still 100% functional to my eyes, and to yours as far as I know..
I actually made the owner replace the original driver board from this game because it was EXTREMELY hacked, burned traces, unrepairable. He gave me the one from his Johnny Mnemonic as opposed to just giving me some cash to buy a replacement, never had any issue with it.

I never saw a problem. clive thought that perhaps the driver board was stored on a shelf underneath a leaking battery CPU board at some point in its life. Who the heck knows - but definitely odd.

#253 9 years ago

Some of the black stuff.

IMG_4371.jpgIMG_4371.jpg
#254 9 years ago

I'd imagine the nice thing about powder coating the diverter and the holes for the hinge are that it'll take up all that slack and make for a nice, straight-firing diverter and hopefully a pretty reliable ball drop.

Plus, it'll look pretty wicked....

#255 9 years ago

He's back on task and getting closer. Assuming the black legs aren't going to be installed until the game is in my game room.

RailsRails
You can leave the head on to put on the railsYou can leave the head on to put on the rails
This washer should help prevent scratches from the hinge.This washer should help prevent scratches from the hinge.

#256 9 years ago

Even Bryan is starting to appreciate the black.

IMG957527.jpgIMG957527.jpg
#257 9 years ago

Nice,it would be fun to see your shop and meet you. Bloomington isn't that far away. You do great work!

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from sfish:

Nice,it would be fun to see your shop and meet you. Bloomington isn't that far away. You do great work!

Be very careful, meeting Bryan led me to sending him this pin!

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Be very careful

Yes, be VERY careful. I hadn't even met him and yet he convinced me to trust him and send money to him for a pin!

#260 9 years ago

Great thread. Love the attention to detail. I learn a bit each time reading a BK related thread.

That machine needs to be in TPF next year!

And the black looks awesome.

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

That machine needs to be in TPF next year!

I've thought about it. I'd like to share it with others beyond the local folks who swing by but have general fears of messing it up when transporting and loading it in/out as that process is rather risky. We'll see if I can stomach it come March, it might have a lot to do with whether it will fit in my set of pinball armor and whether I decide to borrow/rent a trailer again.

If there are others who might bring in similarly nice machines, I'd also consider trying to get a booth set up to set them apart.

#262 9 years ago

There are usually plenty TZs at TPF. I'd leave that beautiful resto at home if I were you. Don't need some jerk with 2 hands full of rings keying up four players and then trying to turn the thing over on its side on every ball.

#263 9 years ago

Your Texas show is one that me and a few locals have never been to. We've been kicking around the idea of making it one of these years. 2015 might have to be the year. I've heard great things about it. Might there be beer involved?

Quoted from btw75:

I've thought about it. I'd like to share it with others beyond the local folks who swing by but have general fears of messing it up when transporting and loading it in/out as that process is rather risky. We'll see if I can stomach it come March, it might have a lot to do with whether it will fit in my set of pinball armor and whether I decide to borrow/rent a trailer again.
If there are others who might bring in similarly nice machines, I'd also consider trying to get a booth set up to set them apart.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Your Texas show is one that me and a few locals have never been to. We've been kicking around the idea of making it one of these years. 2015 might have to be the year. I've heard great things about it. Might there be beer involved?

Beer is definitely available at TPF. There is a bar in the hotel, they had a booth set up in the game room last year and there will be plenty of people who have their rooms stocked. This is Texas, after all. I'd venture to bet quite a few pinsiders would be willing to share with a prestigious restorer.

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I don't remember not having a beer in my hand.

We can get you a booth to sit in all day and show off this game and talk to tire kickers all day - you'd like that, right?

#266 9 years ago

You had me at "I don't remember not having a beer in my hand."

Quoted from btw75:

I don't remember not having a beer in my hand.
We can get you a booth to sit in all day and show off this game and talk to tire kickers all day - you'd like that, right?

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've gone the last 2 years (fairly new to the hobby), but there was always beer involved.
If you make it down, I gurantee the beer will flow.

Quoted from jwo825:

There are usually plenty TZs at TPF. I'd leave that beautiful resto at home if I were you. Don't need some jerk with 2 hands full of rings keying up four players and then trying to turn the thing over on its side on every ball.

I'm personally glad that not everyone uses this logic. Then we would not have any games at TPF, but beaters....

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

I'm personally glad that not everyone uses this logic. Then we would not have any games at TPF, but beaters....

There are plenty of games in great shape that get brought. Mine are prime examples. I just meant professionally restored games. There are plenty of the old A-listers that aren't beaters by any means. To each their own, bot if I spent north od $10K for a game and perfect restoration, I wouldn't bring it.

#269 9 years ago

bryan,
what type of washer are you using on the backbox hinge to prevent it from scratching the cabinet?

#270 9 years ago

It's a hard plastic washer that normally goes between the leg bolts and the leg when the legs have been powder coated. I've gotten them from Pinball Life, but I can't seem to find them now.

Quoted from j_m_:

bryan,
what type of washer are you using on the backbox hinge to prevent it from scratching the cabinet?

#271 9 years ago

thanks, I know exactly which ones you're talking about. I just picked up a few a while ago from terry (and an extra set of the red rit-dyed ones for a buddy who just picked up a luci

ps
here's the link for the item in question in case anyone else is looking for them
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=PinGuard+Nylon+Leg+and+Bolt+Protectors

pps
how was the personalized diet coke that I "gifted" to you @ expo?

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Yes, be VERY careful. I hadn't even met him and yet he convinced me to trust him and send money to him for a pin!

Yea, I just sent my whole pin to him after one phone call! He has a way of earning peoples trust and wooing pins out of there hands. You've been warned!

btw75
Beautiful TZ!

#273 9 years ago

Holy shit!!

Is this the guy who strapped a 12 pack of beer to the same pallet as the IJ?

I love you, man!!

Quoted from Atlgills:

Yea, I just sent my whole pin to him after one phone call! He has a way of earning peoples trust and wooing pins out of there hands. You've been warned!
btw75
Beautiful TZ!

#274 9 years ago

pin+pallet-beer=return to sender!! That's the way I see it

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Uhh hell yeah, I'm buying!

1 week later
#276 9 years ago

Some of the black hardware installed. Black lamp is a pleasant surprise.

IMG_0142.jpgIMG_0142.jpg IMG950002.jpgIMG950002.jpg IMG958497.jpgIMG958497.jpg
6 months later
#277 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Some of the black hardware installed. Black lamp is a pleasant surprise.

IMG_0142.jpg
IMG950002.jpg
IMG958497.jpg

GORGEOUS!

#278 8 years ago

Wow, that looks really great!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-packed-up-and-on-its-way-to-minnesota/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.