Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by monkeybug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Which 1 of these should I get? I'd like it to be different than my Met Premium (ie shot layout, ball times, etc) since it will be next to it. My JD will most likely be gone in a trade.

Assuming they are both shopped, cleaned, and play great, which would be the better choice for home use with a young family?

#2 3 years ago

I own both for many years. For a Pinball person TZ will have a longer staying power. But is very frustrating to a non pin person. TOM will become very easy in a small collection to a pinball person but is a lot of fun to guests.

I would say go for TZ. much different from the Met play.

#4 3 years ago

TZ for us older folks but TOM for a young family and it will be easier for the youngins to play

#5 3 years ago

I own TOM for 3 years and TZ for 8 years. TOM gets more play at my parties than TZ.
Can't say I would really choose one over the other now, since I am considering letting them both go.

#6 3 years ago

Actually, I like TOM better now. TZ is tough on non-pinheads too.

#7 3 years ago

I'm leaning TZ. Everyone that comes over now loves playing Met (wife and kids included). I think TZ would be so different that it would get some attention. My neighbor and I play the most so don't really want something too easy. We aren't great players, but like to be challenged.

#8 3 years ago

If you can get past the speech, TOM. "Amazing skill!"

#9 3 years ago

Both game's have great toys and tricks but tz with the home rom is probably the best coded pin from the 90s. And has so many different ways to approach it to get big scores. It also has a ton of shots with all 4 flippers having at least one important shot o yea and the wizard mide is awesome. Tom is one of the better flowing games from the 90s but the game can be fairly easy and the theme can wear on you ( you have the magic). Ive owned tz the longest in my collection but I am looking to get tom for a space filler till I get my gb premium.

#10 3 years ago

Owned both, sold both, and regretted selling TOM (ended up getting another) - it will not be leaving again.

They are two totally different games. TZ is stop and go, where TOM has nothing but flow. TZ is deeper, TOM lacks a good wizard mode.

For me, the feeling of pure flow is what I love...so TOM won (and my family loves it).

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

If you can get past the speech, TOM. "Amazing skill!"

Will probably have the sound off since it's next to Met. Love me some Metallica tunes whIle playing pinball. Does hurt on the callouts though when the sound is off. The constant guitar riff of JD got on my nerves after a while. Not sure how TOM would wear on me

#12 3 years ago

I'd go with TZ.

If nothing else, hitting Lost In The Zone is one of the best modes in pinball.

#13 3 years ago

Flow is making this a difficult choice. Met has some great flow when you get it going. That's why I'm leaning stop and go to have a mix. Not sure if that stop and go will drive me nuts? I've only owned flow type pins in my short time collecting.

#14 3 years ago

They're both great games. IMHO, get the one that's the better deal (taking condition into account).

#15 3 years ago

Both great games. I don't think the stop and go of TZ will bug you too much. It's a great game, with a great rule set. Always play a TOM when you see one. Own the TZ.

#16 3 years ago

TZ,thats all i have to say.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I own both for many years. For a Pinball person TZ will have a longer staying power. But is very frustrating to a non pin person. TOM will become very easy in a small collection to a pinball person but is a lot of fun to guests.
I would say go for TZ. much different from the Met play.

Post # 2....done & done.

#18 3 years ago

I own both. TZ all day!

#19 3 years ago

TZ is a better all around pin and always gets played. My friend has a TZ in his large collection and even my kids play TZ when they are there even know we have it at home. Can't go wrong with TZ. TOM is a good game just not quite the game TZ is especially in a smaller collection.

#20 3 years ago

I've owned both, Tom got pretty old and I sold it, pretty sure TZ will stay forever

#22 3 years ago

TOM all day and twice on Sunday!

#23 3 years ago

Had both. TOM is mindless fun. Shoot for points but nothing really to achieve. TZ has a rule set but it is stop and go. It does frustrate players and honestly, once I beat it, I got bored. TOM is just more fun and a better looking machine. If I had to do it again, TOM.

#24 3 years ago

TZ all the way. Popadooks games are very overrated imo.

#25 3 years ago

TOM is very fun but shallow.

TZ is frustrating but deeper.

It really depends what you want. I have both and I play them based on my mood.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside