• 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DrainO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

819357929379bd142b8d6704d14e1a77.jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Looking at buying my 2nd pin. Found a TZ HUO close to me for $4750 in very good shape with the exception of the clock not working. I'm also considering an ACDC premium. I already have a STNG and like the machine. The appeal of a new pin is kinda nice and I like ACDC. So im not sure which way to go. Looking for advice...

#2 11 years ago

IMO 47 for a non 100% TZ is not worth your cash, which pin do you have more playtime on?

#3 11 years ago

Played a TZ locally several times and liked it. Played an ACDC pro in a Bowling alley and liked it also. Never had the chance to play a premium.

#4 11 years ago

I'd take AC/DC over an incomplete TZ.

#5 11 years ago

I own them both and would pick AC/DC.

#7 11 years ago

I would take TZ or Ac Dc Pro.
But, I would rather have Ac Dc Le/Premium over TZ. Which is what My history shows. Tz is in my top pick classic though.

#8 11 years ago

I'd go ACDC premium. Top game. Nothing beats the "nib" feeling

Good luck with your purchase!

Dave.

#9 11 years ago

A HUO TZ for $4700? Grab that! Then sell it for $6k or $7k on ebay and buy AC/DC premium.

#10 11 years ago

Don't let the clock not working scare you....$89 for a new improved clock board and you should be good to go. Don't know about a two game collection and both being widebodies?

#11 11 years ago

I think ACDC is a good choice if your a fan of the band, which is the basic problem with band pins, their broad appeal is limited to only those that appreciate their music. Otherwise, go with TZ, its tried and its greatness has past the test of time.

#12 11 years ago

I got a HUO TZ a couple days ago. Took some dialing in, but I am very happy with my choice. Coupled with The Getaway today in amazing condition, with no cab fade and a mint diamond plate play field. I think I did good getting two great, completely different games for the price of a acdc premium

I've decided to skip xmle or acdc premium as my nib. Waiting for the Avengers or maybe WoZ for that.

#13 11 years ago

TZ HUO is the way to go IMO. Rated the number one machine on http://www.ipdb.org for a reason. If you want a deep game its the way to go. So much to do, so many great toys, so many mods available. Incredible price if it truly is HUO and in HUO condition.

If your a huge ACDC fan and want a fast and more shallow rule set then you go with ACDC.

#14 11 years ago

Buy the TZ if truly HOU and get the new clock board. At that price you can play it, see if you enjoy it, and if decide to sell make some money to put towards AC/DC. Good luck.

#15 11 years ago

I would go with ACDC Pro over Premium though. It's faster and more fun to play. Not everyone will agree with me but I find the lower playfield to be pretty boring. Kind of reminds me of the Stewie mini pinball field as in its cool the first couple times but then you just can't wait for it to end. If you go the ACDC Pro route you can add LED lights to it, add the train mod which is coming out soon and you can get the bell mod and your set.

#16 11 years ago

The Angus face absolutely RUINS the pro for me. Fugly

#17 11 years ago

Yeah, the artwork aint great with his face in the middle. But after playing the game for a while I don't even notice it.

#18 11 years ago

ACDC, unless you don't like the band ACDC, then go for TZ.

#19 11 years ago

ACKADACKA

#20 11 years ago

I have both and I would pick AC/DC Premium. My boys who are ten and twelve think it is the best pin in my collection as the music really draws you in. You need to find a Premium to play.
Good luck.

#21 11 years ago

AC/DC. It's an amazing pin. You don't have to even be a fan of their music to enjoy the machine...it's THAT good.

#22 11 years ago

Take the HUO TZ - good game and much harder to find (especially HUO).

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Looking at buying my 2nd pin. Found a TZ HUO close to me for $4750 in very good shape with the exception of the clock not working. I'm also considering an ACDC premium. I already have a STNG and like the machine. The appeal of a new pin is kinda nice and I like ACDC. So im not sure which way to go. Looking for advice...

AC/DC Premium for me, but then TZ is not even an option for me, never liked the game...can't get into it...to much crap on the PF for me and to much stop and go...

Phoebe

#25 11 years ago

TZ hands down

#26 11 years ago
#27 11 years ago

Seems like a very personal choice that should be based on the OP's tastes.

HUO TZ's are very hard to find, and TZ is one of the top rated machines and has been for a long time. Hard to go wrong with that.

AC/DC premium offers all of the latest and greatest things you can get in a pinball machine, flash, speed, subwoofer, Color changing LED'd in modes and inserts (soon), and the NIB feel. It's a pretty game and it draws a lot of attention and would be a better choice if you're looking for a game that guests can jump right into. TZ is a deep game and has less appeal to visitors and non-pinball players for obvious reasons.. it's an old title.

Both are excellent choices IMO, and I do have them both in my collection. I think at this point I would keep my AC/DC premium over my TZ, but I wouldn't be happy to see my TZ leaving!!

#28 11 years ago

I have no idea why people say TZ is so deep, most of the modes are useless and not worth playing.

ACDC is an action packed flipfest, TZ is extremely stop and go.

I've owned TZ twice and I think it's extremely boring. At least in STTNG while not every mode is worth playing in a tournament, you are rewarded with higher wizard mode scores and extra balls for the risk.

ACDC is much more similar to STTNG which you say you enjoy.

If you want a game like TZ but better in every way buy a TSPP.

#29 11 years ago

TZ is a classic that I personally think everyone should experience in a home environment. Fixing the clock is not a big deal and if in really nice shape(HUO is often misleading) a decent price.

Sounds like AC/DC is still getting ironed out so I wouldn't bother.

#30 11 years ago

TZ is the way to go Fo Sho, faycee dc is cool but I can't play it forever, it wears on me, it's still just the buzz of new, TZ is a keeper

#31 11 years ago

Have both, tz blows more than acdc. It plays dated. It's like driving a 20 year old caddy. I'd have to go for acdc since you already have a 90's widebody. Play plenty of games on it, before you buy it. I wouldn't go by reviews or videos and get impulsive. Both tz and acdc are novelty pins imo. I'd be looking at other titles for a number 2 spot, but that's just me. I'd be leaning toward newer sterns (tron, im, maybe sm etc). You'll have to play and decide for yourself.

#32 11 years ago

I'd say ACDC, however I never liked TZ (and I have tried to for years, just don't like the way it plays). ACDC was a blast to play

#33 11 years ago

Tz for me gets boring too quick, I'd go acdc premium as well.

#34 11 years ago

Neither unless the seller fixes the TZ. TZ is not great, but it's worth owning for a while. I'm not a fan of the ACDC pinball machine. The band is ok.

#36 11 years ago

TZ all day long and HUO at that...there would be BIG BLACK TIRE marks leaving my driveway at that price...you want to replace the clock board either way!

#37 11 years ago

TZ. Hands down. It's a classic, and expensive, for a reason.

As for AC/DC, I can't take that face staring back at me and I'm sorry, but ANYBODY's music gets old hearing it over and over and over again. I never understood the draw of music-based pins.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

As for AC/DC, I can't take that face staring back at me and I'm sorry, but ANYBODY's music gets old hearing it over and over and over again. I never understood the draw of music-based pins.

The acdc premium he is considering has no face. It has a lower playfield. And I'm with you on not liking the theme of music based pins. Bit all pins have some background music going. If you don't hate the band, the music based pin background music is probably an improvement. Just no interesting theme to go along with...

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Because they are usually high energy, fast, fun, and the music is much better then few soundtracks used in a regular pinball.
The music only gets old if you don't care for it in the first place.
I happen to love The Elvis pin and the AC/DC pin.
Elvis has been out for a long time now and I have yet to get tired of the music.

#40 11 years ago

I like AC/DC much better. I sold a VERY nice TZ to buy my AC/DC and don't miss TZ a bit, but it was the third TZ I have owned. I'm over TZ and have no interest in having another.

That being said, if you have never owned TZ I would buy TZ as it is much more difficult to find in HUO condition. If you don't like it you will have an easy time selling it and should be able to pick up an AC/DC without much trouble.

#41 11 years ago

HUO TZ... The clock board is a easy fix.

#42 11 years ago

Thanks for the opinions. Its a tough choice. unfortunately, living in wine country doesn't give me many options to play pins on location. There just isn't many close by. I've played more TZ than ACDC and it's a little less. Although, I'll blow the difference with LED's and things for the TZ.

Also saw the Transformer LE advertised on this site and its relatively close to me and a pretty damn good deal. Wasn't considering a TF at all but, It's got me thinking also...

#43 11 years ago

AC/DC or TF

TZ is a nightmare to maintain if you are new to the hobby. You will be fixing a lot as things tend to go bad often. Clock, Trough and other issues. It's a great pin, but you will be throwing $ at it

AC/DC and TF are newer and will require a lot less experience in maintaining.

#45 11 years ago

It can depend on a few factors such as who, if anyone, plays with you and what type of player are you?

Having significant time on all three, I feel AC/DC by a long shot. It has the "Just one more game factor". I've barely touched any of my other games for the last 2 months. Not only that, but it has a tendency to draw people to it. Although it's a difficult game, lesser experienced players don't seem to be intimidated by it and it's fun! Don't worry if you're not an AC/DC fan, this pin stands on it's own legs.

On the other hand, TZ is a great game, but it does tire after a while. If you had to complete some modes, instead of just starting them, to get to LITZ, it would be a better game. It is VERY intimidating to lesser experienced players. My girlfriend won't touch it.

Transformers, to me, just felt like a grind to play. It just seems like you really had to work to build up some points and the modes were kind of the same (it's been a few months since I played it). A lot of players seem to complain about the code. I think it would also help if you were a Transformers fan.

Good luck!

#46 11 years ago

It is true that TZ does take some dialing in. I bought a HUO last week, and sacrificed my XMLE to do so. It was annoying, but with some help of the guy I bought it from (AWESOME guy, even came to my house Saturday to both fix and show me how to fix things), and some Pinsiders, I got her dialed in. I don't regret my decision. While the XMLE is awesome, as is the ACDC Pre, I think I'm happier in the long wrong getting a HUO TZ and a gorgeous HS2.

If I were a HUGE fan of XMLE, it'd be different. I will likely buy a HUO ACDC Pre down the road. It IS an awesome game. I am more interested in Avengers and/or WoZ at this point. One of those will likely be my first NIB.

Just my $.02

#47 11 years ago

Funny how peoples opinions differ. I much prefer TZ to AC/DC (disclaimer - I'm on my third TZ - finally picked up a HUO one). I love the music with AC/DC and the game play is good too but I'm a TZ guy .

#48 11 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I think ACDC is an amazingly fun game. And I WILL own one. But I am reasonably confident I will find a HUO at a reasonable price down the line. This TZ was just too beautiful to miss out on. I am having a great time digging in to it as well. I never really had a whole lot of time with TZ, and I think it is a great home use machine.

HS2 complements it wonderfully. Two completely different games.

Personally, I think ACDC is more FUN than XM.

#49 11 years ago

TZ!!!!!! All the way!!!

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from DrainO:

But I am reasonably confident I will find a HUO at a reasonable price down the line.

For sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

16,500 (Firm)
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 132.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-or-acdc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.