(Topic ID: 4280)

TZ not powering up (LED 2 & 4 not illuminated on Power Driver Board)

By Waldo

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Waldo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Waldo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

My roommate was playing TZ and he said the free credit loud knocker went off three times then the whole machine powered down (except for a few aftermarker LED's - see below).

When I power it on - all that comes on is are a few of the aftermarket LED light mod's I have installed. I have pulled these off so they aren't the trouble. I have also tested all the fuses and didn't find a bad one.

Also the #2 and #4 LED's on the Power Driver Board are not illuminated.

Anyone have any ideas?

#3 12 years ago

Cliffy,

Thanks for the reply.

Tried all those, they are all good. Did notice when I pulled off F112 that it was a 10A 32V non SB, when the book calls for 7A, SB. Could that have done some damage. Only had this TZ two weeks.

#4 12 years ago

Another data point. When I pull F113 on my other perfectly fine machine (+5V Logic) it behaves exactly the same way as TZ, so the issue has to be something similar.

#6 12 years ago

Well now I did it. Pulled the entire power driver board to swap with wh20 to check and see if I should just send the board out for repair (I'm not handy with a soldering pencil )

The Wh20 board worked in TZ initially when I powered it on but the DMD was now dead. Turned it off waited awhile then turned it back on and nothing. Swapped it back to Wh2o and now that one is dead as well (ie the original problem TZ had now wh20 has with the original wh20 board as well)

Now I'm gonna cry cause both my machines are bustimicated.....and I wanted to play some pinball...

Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

#9 12 years ago

I must have been tired last night. Accidentely put the bad board into WH2O - duh. So the original issue is still the only one I got. Gonna call an expert over since there is still issues even when a good power driver board is in the machine....

Thanks for the replies and I'll keep checking in case someone has more ideas...

#11 12 years ago

Thanks Cliffy,

That experience scared me into calling in backup. A pro is doing just that, but he didn't have the right type of BR so he is bringing it back tomorrow. But sounds like your diagnosis was spot on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Waldo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-not-powering-up-led-2-4-not-illuminated-on-power-driver-board?tu=Waldo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.