New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 195685)

TZ Missing clock

By smileymatthew

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jenk540i
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6392 (resized).JPG
IMG_6391 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Just picked up a really nice TZ - guy I got it from has had it in his home for the last 18 years, not sure where it was before that but it's quite nice.

As I was going through it I just realized the clock is MISSING. I know this doesn't effect the gameplay, but doesn't the clock show you a certain amount of time remaining? I'm not overly familiar with the gameplay on this, but that's what I seem to remember.

I'm most likely going to sell the game, but not sure if I should try finding another clock or just leave it as is.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

#2 3 years ago

The clock is an integral part of the game.

I know clock boards and clock housing is available. But I'm not sure about the rest of it. Missing unavailable parts lower the value of the game tremendously. I'd suggest trying to track down those parts and get a working clock before trying to sell it. My guess is without a clock its worth $1500 less.

#3 3 years ago

Okay, appreciate the insight. Kind of a shame as the game is really nice. I'm seeing some parts around for the clock, but I suppose it's near impossible to find a unit that's all good to go. I saw Marco had is listed for Refference.

Guess I'll be on the lookout or sell as is

#4 3 years ago

Aren't there enough aftermarket parts available to build one from scratch? seems like the only part questionably available would be the bottom mounting bracket, which could probably be fabricated.

OP- snap a photo of the area where the clock goes- maybe the mounting bracket is there, but no clock assembly

#5 3 years ago

Joke here: Sell it as a Twilight Zone Pro Edition model

#6 3 years ago

If you find one... expect to pay around 400.

#7 3 years ago

Hi,

I have a new in the box complete assembly for $500.00 + shipping. I have pictures of the sealed box and also one that is NOS out of the box that I can provide pictures if you like.

Thank you,
Rick

#8 3 years ago

I was going to suggest 3D printing the gears/hands. I think the rest can be sourced? Could be fairly easy, could not be. I'm a DIY sadist and love challenges. Either way you're gonna spend a couple hundred dollars.

However, if I were you, I'd take Rick's kind offering above and finish off your very nice TZ with the NOS clock it deserves.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I was going to suggest 3D printing the gears/hands. I think the rest can be sourced? Could be fairly easy, could not be. I'm a DIY sadist and love challenges. Either way you're gonna spend a couple hundred dollars.
However, if I were you, I'd take Rick's kind offering above and finish off your very nice TZ with the NOS clock it deserves.

I agree as these things are unobtainium.

#10 3 years ago

If you can make a wiring harness, the bracket is really the only thing that will be hard to find.
It's not impossible but before you do anything look for a bracket.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I was going to suggest 3D printing the gears/hands

When I restored my TZ last year, I bought a new gear set and 2 new hands from Marco. Looks like they're out of stock now though....

#12 3 years ago

I have these clock parts that I could sell you for a fair price.
PM me if you are interested

IMG_6391 (resized).JPG

IMG_6392 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#13 3 years ago

I just sent you a PM with info for a mounting bracket.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
$ 99.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep
$ 29.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
8,100 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Southport, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 19.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 209.00
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside