5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P4270798 (resized).JPG
    P4270799 (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

Recently I discovered an unusual part below the info card on my TZ. I have since learned that this piece is used as a ball gate or part of a ball gate. First, it this piece complete and all I need to do is reattach it somehow? If so, how do I reattach this piece and what does it do. My machine still loads balls and dispenses them like usual. What should I do with this piece?

P4270799 (resized).JPGP4270799 (resized).JPG

P4270798 (resized).JPGP4270798 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

Looks broken. Keeps balls from going back to the out hole when kicked over to be kicked to the shooter lane.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
    #5 5 years ago

I've located the replacement at Marco. Do I have to completely remove the top covering or can I fish the wire gate through the visable hole on the side? Removal of the top bowtie looks challenging and I would hope not to do this. Is there a video on this replacement?

#6 5 years ago

It is not challenging. It’s two screws and it slides forward. Nothing to it!

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from redgoat:

Do I have to completely remove the top covering

Yes. as mschonbrun posted. Two screws at rear of apron, slide forward and lift off. When replacing the apron, slide back, be sure the tabs in front are in the right spots to hold the front of the apron down, then replace the two screws.

To put that wire gate in, you might loosen or remove one of the walls to make installing it easier in the holes. Check it before you put the apron back. That lever part of the gate goes against the tab sticking out. So balls go through to the shooter lane, but not back to the outhole.

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-missing-ball-gate-piece-in-bottom-trough and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.