• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190221_081434 (resized).jpg
20190221_081441 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

i am having issues with the mid playfield trough proximity sensor working all the time
i was considering adding a pot see this link:

http://actionpinball.com/tech/tz_prox.php

but the mid playfield sensor is a little different. It has both ends of a trace coming out of each side of a capacitor (C1) with one of the traces going back to the IC chip. I am not sure which trace to cut and put the pot in between. Any Ideas on this? I am thinking adding the pot between the connection from the sensor and the IC chip on the back

20190221_081434 (resized).jpg20190221_081434 (resized).jpg20190221_081441 (resized).jpg20190221_081441 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

Since the trace is all on the PCB, a pot is very unlikely to fix your issue. The other ones (in all games) can be helped with adjusting, since the frequency to the sensor has to travel off the board, around other metal fixtures (assemblies) which would adjust the sensitivity of the reading.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Since the trace is all on the PCB, a pot is very unlikely to fix your issue. The other ones (in all games) can be helped with adjusting, since the frequency to the sensor has to travel off the board, around other metal fixtures (assemblies) which would adjust the sensitivity of the reading.

got it. Ok any ideas how to improve the sensitivity of this thing . when i am in switch mode and test it, it seems to work but during the game it will sometimes falsely identify the ball as a powerball.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

got it. Ok any ideas how to improve the sensitivity of this thing . when i am in switch mode and test it, it seems to work but during the game it will sometimes falsely identify the ball as a powerball.

Check the voltage going to it in switch test vs in game, maybe your 5v is being dragged down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-mid-playfield-proximity-sensor-circuit-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.