Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pinphila
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So I notices an issue with my TZ. When playing, if I lock two balls the display says "watch for kick out" (or something similar, I forget) however, nothing gets kicked out. Eventually te game will go into ball search and pull a ball from the trough. Then if I lock the 3rd ball, it will start multiball with all three balls coming from the lock. It's after that second locked ball where I am having the problem. It seems like a ball should be coming out of the slot?

Any help appreciated. I will start looking at her tonight. I'm thinking an opto issue somewhere.

Thanks

#2 11 years ago

Bump

#3 11 years ago

Any issues with the gumball dispensing a ball? Sometimes when you load the gumball machine, and you don't have that piece of plastic that prevents balls from stacking on top of each other it can cause problems. Thus there's one more ball in the gumball than normal, one didn't come out as expected. You lock a ball and that's when it knows its short a ball so it has to kick one out. Also try pulling all 5 balls and powerball out of the machine, factory reset, then load them into the drain one at a time, then play a game. See if this fixes the issue. That's all I can think of...

#4 11 years ago

I would check the lock mechanism at the top/right of the machine (not the gumball machine). The kick out from that mechanism does not feed the slot machine, it simply kicks out into the right orbit. I haven't looked there recently, but I would expect it to have a switch or two and a kicker/popper. Make sure the switch(es) activate in test mode (with a ball). Make sure the kicker works correctly. Perhaps the kicker kicked the ball off the switch just enough that the machine thought the ball left the lock lane, but it still was inside. A bad or mis-adjusted switch in there is another possibility.

-Brannon

#5 11 years ago

Had this problem. The switch 55 gumball Geneva was not registering along with a weak solenoid on the lock kickout. With one or two balls in the lock no problem. But the weight of the third ball caused problems. So could have been one or both issues but replaced the 55 Geneva and replaced coil sleave and spring and tightened down lock mech and had no more problems. The test mode worked fine for the lock kickout so that was no help in solving the problem, although it did point out the Geneva 55 error. A change in pitch might affect this as well. Also, as I remember, the watch for kickout happens in a multiplayer game where previous player has already locked. But I could be wrong on all counts and just got lucky.

#6 11 years ago

Switch matrix problem most likely. Start with checking the optos and the kicker switch in the lock tunnel using the switch edge test in the diagnostics. Sounds like the first opto in the lock tunnel is bad although bad switch matrix chips like the ULN2803 or one of the LM339s can cause weirdness too. But I would check the opto first because, absent of battery corrosion, the optos seem to go bad more often than the other chips.

#7 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure the "Watch for Kickout' only happens when the game doesn't sense a ball in the trough, so it has to give you one of the locked balls back to continue play.

1 week later
#8 11 years ago

Thanks guys. I was away for the past week. I will check this out and report back.

Don't think it's a chip issue as I have a new CPU.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.50
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-lock-2-balls-locked-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.