New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 268667)

TZ lamps stuck on temporarily

By EightiesArcade

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Coyote
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 months ago

Hello,

I have 3 lamps on my Twilight Zone, each appear from different rows and columns, which stay stuck on for a set period of time, then begin to function properly. If I watch them in attract mode, it appears that they always begin to stay stuck on at the exact same time, at the same pattern time. I’ve watched a few attract mode videos and they shouldn’t be doing this. I’m thinking there might be an issue with a diode, but not sure.

Thanks

#2 5 months ago

Whenever weird things happen like this, try reseating the ribbon cables, in particular the short one between the CPU and PDB.

#3 5 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Whenever weird things happen like this, try reseating the ribbon cables, in particular the short one between the CPU and PDB.

This. I would actually consider replacing this one or all of them eventually. If they are factory original I would replace and don't look back. This time it's lights. Next time it could be a flasher or a coil.

#4 5 months ago

So after troubleshooting with the ribbon cables, the lamps still stayed stuck on temporarily. I switched the 3 lamps to incandescent as another troubleshooting method and they function properly. Not sure why this is. The rest of the game is LED. Is this still a ribbon cable issue?

#5 5 months ago
Quoted from EightiesArcade:

So after troubleshooting with the ribbon cables, the lamps still stayed stuck on temporarily. I switched the 3 lamps to incandescent as another troubleshooting method and they function properly. Not sure why this is. The rest of the game is LED. Is this still a ribbon cable issue?

Are you using an LEDOCD in the game?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 999.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stevenson Ranch, CA
$ 50.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 75.00
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
North Port, FL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 57.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 16.00
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Boards
PinSound
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside