Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lb1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Does anyone have recommendations on how to remove the head speaker decal + front transparent platic on a TZ? It is attached with some pretty strong adhesive to the speaker panel and though I am 80% done, I am having a hell of a hard time with the 20% and I'd hate to mess up the whole thing.

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

I had good luck with a heat gun and a plastic putty when I did mine. Heated the plastic a little to soften the adhesive--without deforming it--and used the putty knife to gently encourage the parts to separate without scratching the art. Just don't get to aggressive and it should be fine. YMMV, of course.

The good news is that replacement speaker panel plastic is available if something goes wrong.

#3 6 years ago

I thought about the heat gun but I was a bit worried about deforming the plastic.

I eventually got it off by using a flat kitchen knife and pushing a bit harder than the first time around.
I believe that the glue actually protects the decal so there is little risk to scratch it.

What glue did you use to attach it back?

Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside