Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hynesceltics
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

ive had problems with my tz gumball popper opto randomly firing lately so i decided to change it with a new one but now it wont work at all i made sure i wired it the same as the old one but it doesnt register at all. all the other optos in the machine work fine so its not the column. any suggestions or help would be great please!

#2 7 years ago

You wired it the same, BUT you were assuming the optos you stuck in were the same. They aren't always the same.

I'd try swapping wires and see if you get them working.

Or put the old ones back in, clean them, and if they still randomly fire, dig out your good old switch matrix and check the row and column they are on and check other switches on the same row and column for a loose wire.

LTG

#3 7 years ago

thanks for the tips, by swapping wires you mean soldering them reverse to what i have them as now on each the transmitter and receiver boards? ive tried cleaning the old ones before and problem persisted and cant find a loose wire as of yet. thanks again and get back to me

#4 7 years ago

By swapping I mean yes, two wires on an opto one way, reverse them.

One opto at a time and see if any start working.

LTG

#5 7 years ago

ok ill give it a go when i unplug the switch from its connector, it activates or registers, not sure if that helps explain the problem.

#6 7 years ago

Did you also check to ensure you were getting the correct voltages and didn't pull a wire loose from the connector or have a bad solder joint? For a receiver you can also check with a flashlight to see if it triggers by shining the light onto the receiver and then turning off to see if I changes from closed to open.

#7 7 years ago

i reversed the wiring on the receiver only and it works now so far thanks for the help, ill check back with any other issues that pop up!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
6,895 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.00
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
$ 29.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 5.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside