Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DefaultGen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Shopping a friends TZ and notice the gumballs look pretty sad and dull. When I opened the top I noticed right away the sweet smell...The previous owner used real gumballs. Not sure how common this is...Removing them so far is a painful dirty process. They are too small to pull out with pliers so I am having to squeeze them into pieces to get out the opening...In the end Ill be cleaning and mini vacuuming the gumball machine. Unless there is an easy way to get dome off its a slow tedious process.

#2 4 years ago

You are lucky they didn't attract critters.

LTG : )™

#3 4 years ago

I'd just go ahead and take the gumball machine out. It's not pleasant taking the entire unit out but it's worth it in the long run. You can even clean the gears.

#4 4 years ago

image.jpg

#5 4 years ago

Take it off the playfield. You're gonna make a bigger mess.

#6 4 years ago

Are there clear instructions to remove gumball Machine ?

#7 4 years ago

Yes, on page 1-54 of the manual.
You can download the manual at IPDB.com

#8 4 years ago

Your shopping it without removing it? Definitely sld be removed and cleaned as it gets a bunch of dirt built up .

#9 4 years ago

Darin not everyone shops pins like you . . I'm guessing most don't remove gumball machine

#10 4 years ago

It's not that complicated once you look at the instructions. Just make sure to twist the gumball machine I believe 90 degrees before pulling it up. I don't remember seeing that in the instructions.

#11 4 years ago

I'd say it's one of the more obvious things to remove... But everyone does things different.

#12 4 years ago

Does it come out from above or below

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Darin not everyone shops pins like you . . I'm guessing most don't remove gumball machine

Its really not hard tz is actually easy to strip down . I figured a shop job sld include basically everything off the playfield so you can throughly clean everything so it stays clean for a long time? If some things gets skipped than it kinda defeats the purchase of it in which case you might as well just clean what u can see and call it a day?I definitely take things much further than most no doubt .

#15 4 years ago

I'm just thinking most don't remove gumball. I will and I'll clean it up nice

#16 4 years ago

I wasn't going to remove the gumball machine at first until I had a Geneva switch error message. I then ended up pulling the entire unit out and cleaned it. The gumball machine has being acting 10 times better since. I highly recommend doing it.

#17 4 years ago

Please,real gum balls?Why people do those things?

#18 4 years ago

what should be done to clean? I never like to mess with things that are working. Ill just give it a good wipe down and new gumballs.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

what should be done to clean? I never like to mess with things that are working. Ill just give it a good wipe down and new gumballs.

If possible I would wash out the plastic parts with warm water and soap. No telling how much sticky stuff could be in there. Gross!

#20 4 years ago

Yea the inside where the balls run threw can get very dirty . Once the gumbal machine is out it comes apart very easy

#21 4 years ago

I have to agree with the peanut gallery...there are things you can get away with half-assing and things you can't. Taking it out here is unavoidable. You can't properly clean all that junk out right now, and you risk getting gumball detritus all over your playfield and/or damaging the gumball machine.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from robertg130:

Please,real gum balls?Why people do those things?

Because most people are idiots. Well, at least 82% are.

#23 4 years ago

These videos might help a bit:

#24 4 years ago

Thanks! great video...for those that need to remove gumball is its video 6 in the series of 9

#25 4 years ago

I had a heck of a time trying to get my gumball machine off as per the instructions.

I had better luck removing the back panel on the playfield (4 screws) that will give you room to get that pesky plastic stack out of the way to remove the gumball machine.

#26 4 years ago

use a vacuum

#27 4 years ago

Its all out and clean. But yes gator dad the plastic stack was the worst part!

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

I had a heck of a time trying to get my gumball machine off as per the instructions.
I had better luck removing the back panel on the playfield (4 screws) that will give you room to get that pesky plastic stack out of the way to remove the gumball machine.

I do the same thing to remove the gumball. Remove the back panel, remove the plastic behind it. TZ is a pain, I certainly wouldn't rate it as easy to strip down compared to anything.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside