Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-03-19_18.42.34.jpg
IMG_20150319_131854.jpg
image-966.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I'm trying to remove the gumball machine from my TZ to put in a new globe and to clean. Cannot lift free for some reason; seems as though the motor assembly attached to the gumbball machine below won't fit through the hole so I can pull free and clear and up. Hope someone who's removed this before can help. I don't think its the wire form that's the problem- I can pull forward from it and the manual makes wireform removal optional.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-966.jpgimage-966.jpg
#2 9 years ago

You need to remove the wireform then turn the gumball machine approximately 90 degrees to get it out.
I can't remember which way though.

#3 9 years ago

Thank you!

IMG_20150319_131854.jpgIMG_20150319_131854.jpg
#4 9 years ago

I'll tell you right now: It's a great felling having that thing out, cleaning every single millimeter of it, and reinstalling it.

Proud moment for me when I took out that whole corner of stuff and cleaned it, plastics and all! Night and day difference!

#5 9 years ago

For future reference...the TZ manual contains detailed instructions on removing all of the major assemblies. See page 1-54 for the gumball machine.

Now I see your note about the manual so maybe you already knew it. But I keep forgetting those instructions are there.

#6 9 years ago

Was gunked up, now cleaned..excited to have BRAND NEW globe from Planetary Pinball arrive in a few days and also new translite-style color gumbbals from pinbits..

2015-03-19_18.42.34.jpg2015-03-19_18.42.34.jpg

#7 9 years ago

It sounds like a PiTA but I had much better luck removing the back board to access all of these parts and remove the gumball machine. If I had done this off the bat I would have saved a lot of time/effort trying to move around in that tight little corner.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

It sounds like a PiTA but I had much better luck removing the back board to access all of these parts and remove the gumball machine.

I read that online somewhere before I started mine. Made things superbly easy to get at and clean.

OP: Be uber careful putting that thing back in and screwing it down to not break off any of those foot-tabs.

Don't ask me how I know...

#9 9 years ago

Miguel-/stuff happens- the better question is- did you epoxy fix the broken tab(s) and put on top of it a thin washer before putting back in the screw(s)?

#10 9 years ago

That's pretty much exactly what I did. I have various wafer thin, non-metal washers in my pinball tool kit for just such an occasion. Worked out great. Besides, you'll never see it until you remove the gumball machine again.

What I was contemplating doing while I had it out was whether or not to paint the front of it(where the coins would go) silver like a real gumball machine would have. I've never seen it done, so I was a bit hesitant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 79.50
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 12.95
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-gumball-machine-removal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.