IMG_3239.JPG
tz-hs.jpg
002.JPG
003.JPG
Killer.gif
LITZ_Champion.JPG
GC.JPG
photo_(20).JPG
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

What are some of your best TZ scores? I've been playing the hell out of mine the past week. My scores keep climbing, right now I'm at 1,360,058,880.

photo_(20).JPGphoto_(20).JPG

#2 12 years ago

1.95bill for grand champ
like 2.87bill for buy-in

oh yea...like 415mill for litz champ

#3 12 years ago

2.4 bill, buy in turned off. What are your out posts set at? Mine are both in the middle.

#4 12 years ago

Jesse Howard put up a 9,994,646,100 on mine. No buy ins. Posts forward - as it came from the factory.

He tilted it so it wouldn't role over.

Apparently with the ROM revision in it, he could have kept going.

LTG

#5 12 years ago

I am at 2.004 billion. Only 360 for LITZ. Have never done well in LITZ. I feel higher scores are in my future!! I am stunned by 9.9 billion. There must be something I don't understand about the scoring......
Please share the scoring secrets!

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Jesse Howard put up a 9,994,646,100 on mine. No buy ins. Posts forward - as it came from the factory ...

That's insane!

My TZ is 3 ball, no buy-in, factory defaults except for these two settings:

1) Dead End Extra Ball Memory - Yes
2) Outlane Difficulty - Easy

GC.JPGGC.JPG LITZ_Champion.JPGLITZ_Champion.JPG

#7 12 years ago

I'm somewhere between 3-4 billion for my best score ever, with no buy-in. However, I collected an extra ball instead of a replay, and the outlane posts were forward. This is the best I've managed over almost 4 years of steady play. I don't think I'll ever top 4 or 5 billion.

#8 12 years ago

Killer.gifKiller.gif .I'll have my Pict's up in Lil-while , the wife is Horney .. I wanted the nite off

#9 12 years ago

Um, how do you reset the scores? I'm new to TZ, and all the scores right now are from the last owner on mine. I'd like to slowly build up mine, rather than play for months before I get near his

#10 12 years ago

Unplug and take out batteries or reset scores in menu.

#11 12 years ago

GC - 3.25 B; LITZ -579 M

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Unplug and take out batteries or reset scores in menu.

Open the coin door and Press the Black Button to the Right for 5 seconds ,, Automatic Reset..

#13 12 years ago

Hmmm,,

003.JPG003.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG

#14 12 years ago

I have my two tops both just below 3B (erks me to no end), and my LITZ at 482M.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I have my two tops both just below 3B (erks me to no end), and my LITZ at 482M.

I wanna see Proff !! I haven't been able to Top my LITZ score in almost 2 Yr's now.. You have to Beat the Power at Least 2-Times plus Everything else..

gweempose ,, 426M is an Outstanding score for LITZ.. TZ Rock's !!!

#16 12 years ago

Nice score toby

#17 12 years ago

My best, on an insane litz-twice-in-one-game run (3-ball, no buy-in):

tz-hs.jpgtz-hs.jpg

#18 12 years ago

Too lazy to post a pic.

#19 12 years ago

Hi score with buy-in, 1.5 billion, 405 million on LITZ, this thread has me determined to improve....some good scores already posted

#20 12 years ago

Dont laugh but I intend on clocking this game by the end of the year

#21 12 years ago

Only 1.2B without buy-ins. I haven't owned it for very long. Can't recall what my best LITZ was. All my high scores got wiped when I installed the 9.4H ROM.

#22 12 years ago

I used to have a pic of my 2.6 billion, LITZ I believe was 400+ million. All my other highs were below 2 billion.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

futurepinhead said:Unplug and take out batteries or reset scores in menu.

Open the coin door and Press the Black Button to the Right for 5 seconds ,, Automatic Reset..

The coin door button won't reset the GC score, though. You have to go through menus for that one.

The score depends so much on the configuration. The machines with the posts that keep the ball from exiting the bumpers on the left side are WAY easier.

Mine was 1.8B before clearcoating my PF, 580M in the ~300 games since. The CC completely changed the way the game plays.

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The CC completely changed the way the game plays.

I have played CC'd games and you are right, it does change the way the ball moves. Not bad or good, it is different tho.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Mine was 1.8B before clearcoating my PF, 580M in the ~300 games since. The CC completely changed the way the game plays.

I recently clearcoated my PF too and I'm right around the same score as herg since doing that.
My TZ is early production so it does have the two posts between the red and yellow bumpers. I don't know if this makes it much easier? Having the ball bounce out of the right side every time is also very unpredictable and I get a lot of drains down the middle from a bad bounce coming off the post nearest the yellow pop-bumper. The bumpers on this game are a menace. I need to find some old rubber for that area to keep the bounce down

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

it is different tho

I agree,On CC'd games the ball tends to glide on the playfield instead of rolling especially on hard shots from the flippers.

#27 12 years ago

I need to just keep the ball out of the bumpers. They are killers.

The slot kickout is one of the biggest changes since CC. I used to be able to let the ball bounce off the right flipper and land softly on the left for a trap. Now, it usually hits the corner of the left slingshot and bounces unpredictably. I've taken to live catching on the right, but it's way more risky that the bounce pass I did before. I suspect that's one of the biggest factors in my reduced scores.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I wanna see Proff !!

hah I can't, this was before I added the home roms about 6 months ago. I was holding off on putting the roms in forever, as I didn't want to erase my scores, and then I had my highest one, and though, damn, if I had done this before...

It's only like 2b now, but I think the LITZ is since... I'll check. Looks like others have posted higher than me.

No one's scores really matter though. I have played other totally shopped TZ's that play great just like mine, and so many things are just different.. pitch/angle left to right, flipper positions, waxed/not, that your high score on one machine may be way out of whack of what you would post on another TZ.

(at least that's my excuse for not having the highest out of everyone here anyway )

#29 12 years ago

I've yet to break 1B on mine... it's just so effing hard. I hit 1.7B at Jim Belsito's halloween party on my first and only game. His scoop and outlanes were much more forgiving for whatever reason.

#30 12 years ago

It Don't matter what Our Score's are ,, But it's Great to have Only TZ owner's on this Thread posting.. I Love my TZ , and It's a Blast to Play !! Congrat's Everyone B_R

I Should start a New thread called " TZ Owner's Only " so we can Brag a bit !! believe i Will ..

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The machines with the posts that keep the ball from exiting the bumpers on the left side are WAY easier.

Not in full agreement there.

I have done it both ways in my TZ and WH2O, and the number of slower balls that rebound off the rubber into the center drain is maddening. I almost think it is the reverse.

But I will take out the star posts and rubber on my TZ, play it for a while and see if I have a change of opinion.

#32 12 years ago

1.7 billion. 3 ball, no buy in.

#33 12 years ago

Does anyone have Buy-n Scores.. I have mine set to 1- Buy-n Only !!

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

herg said:The machines with the posts that keep the ball from exiting the bumpers on the left side are WAY easier.
Not in full agreement there.
I have done it both ways in my TZ and WH2O, and the number of slower balls that rebound off the rubber into the center drain is maddening. I almost think it is the reverse.
But I will take out the star posts and rubber on my TZ, play it for a while and see if I have a change of opinion.

Maybe it's all perception. Since I've seen a ton of left drains from the bumpers, I think that's worse. I've only played maybe 50 games on machines with the posts.

#35 12 years ago

I have a 3 something on mine. My brother put up like a 674 LITZ...no idea how he did it...hasven't been able to beat it that bastard!

#36 12 years ago

So, probably a dumb question. It sounds like having the out posts all the way forward is the factory default settings for 3-ball? Is that correct?

If so I'll have to move mine forward and repost my score =D

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I have a 3 something on mine. My brother put up like a 674 LITZ...no idea how he did it...hasven't been able to beat it that bastard!

Whats LITZ?

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Does anyone have Buy-n Scores.. I have mine set to 1- Buy-n Only !!

ditto. Sometimes I gotta play one more ball....Greeeeeeeeeeed.

2.7bill

#39 12 years ago

I got this one

Lost in The Zone

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from SDFworker:

TheLaw said:I have a 3 something on mine. My brother put up like a 674 LITZ...no idea how he did it...hasven't been able to beat it that bastard!
Whats LITZ?

The acronym for the wizard mode in TZ: Lost In The Zone.

#41 12 years ago

I knew my skill level was fairly low but this thread puts it in perspective. 1.3b, 285 litz (only made it a few times) Still, love TZ. Still learning. Very unique pin. Mine loves its new pdi.

#42 12 years ago

I DO have 1 ball buy in activated....as I believe it's the factory setting, and it's the only way I've ever played it, or seen it set up. I always thought it weird, because there is no "buy-in" score board.

So what's this factory setting for outlane posts? I have mine halfway both sides....are you saying they are to be all the way open or closed?

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

No one's scores really matter though....high score on one machine may be way out of whack of what you would post on another TZ.

Yep. Saw one recently with some pretty low high Scores and thought it was going to be a feeding frenzy! Game set up different & totally kicked my ass like a child
After 6+ years obviously my brain & body are wired to mine.

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I DO have 1 ball buy in activated....as I believe it's the factory setting, and it's the only way I've ever played it, or seen it set up. I always thought it weird, because there is no "buy-in" score board.

What version of the software are you using? There is definitely a separate set of buy-in high scores on 9.4H.

#45 12 years ago

So THAT is the reason to update the software eh? To be honest I never really looked into it because I heard it had a LITZ cheat which I didn't like the idea of.
EDIT: Also it will not except money on that version? I like putting in money for some reason.

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

After 6+ years obviously my brain & body are wired to mine.

I was reading an article about playing tournaments and I forget who said it but he said he does not like playing pins he owns in competition. He is wired to play his and others do not play the same and everything is off.

#47 12 years ago

I think my best was 4-5 Billion, all factory settings. I remember getting to LITZ twice on the first ball. It was crazy. I think after that game, I didn't touch TZ for six months. I figure it needed time to heal.

#48 12 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I think after that game, I didn't touch TZ for six months.

Go out on top!

#49 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So THAT is the reason to update the software eh? To be honest I never really looked into it because I heard it had a LITZ cheat which I didn't like the idea of.

It's a fun feature. If you have a friend or someone not really skilled, you ask them if you can hold the buy-in button for a second (I think that is the button), and on the next door panel they get, they find themselves in the middle of a six ball multiball while they crap their pants and you crack up!

In an ideal world, e.i.

#50 12 years ago

Finally have mine documented here. A shadowy comparison to some of the others but, the best I could do.

IMG_3239.JPGIMG_3239.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 22.50
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-grand-champion-scores and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.