Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by LitzDoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

This has happened a couple of times now. The game will go into the multiball mode without me putting a ball in the lock and then hitting the left ramp. I think there might be something wrong with the ball lock in the upper left of the PF. Also in this last game it gave me an extra ball without me shooting a ball into the lock. Please advise me on what I should check to fix this problem that just started.
Thanks very much.

#2 7 years ago

Likely, the lock optos. Go into test mode, and make sure they're all responding properly.

Though, if it's an intermittent issue, the switch test may come up fine. If so, will just have to continue narrowing it down. (Likely loose connector, or loose wire in the connector to the lock housing. Could be bad opto board.)

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the help. This will be a good project for the weekend.

1 week later
#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Likely, the lock optos. Go into test mode, and make sure they're all responding properly.
Though, if it's an intermittent issue, the switch test may come up fine. If so, will just have to continue narrowing it down. (Likely loose connector, or loose wire in the connector to the lock housing. Could be bad opto board.)

How do I get to the lock optos to clean them? ALso where in the test menue do I find the lock opto test?

I am going to try to fix this today. Thank you very much.

#5 7 years ago

Sorry for the delay in replying, was out most of the day..!

Anyways, I wouldn't take it apart yet, until you verify the issue. Mainly because getting to the lock cage is.. a very large undertaking. Likely, they're not just 'dirty', but a loose wire, etc.

Go into the first test mode, "T.1 Switch Edges Test". Make sure that switches #84 and #85 are NOT activated (switch dots are a large box, not a small dot..) If they are small dots, then your optos are reporting as being blocked. If they're large/filled, then they're not. Assuming they're not, flip the flippers, make some noise (vibration) on the game, etc, and see if they activate at all...

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Sorry for the delay in replying, was out most of the day..!
Anyways, I wouldn't take it apart yet, until you verify the issue. Mainly because getting to the lock cage is.. a very large undertaking. Likely, they're not just 'dirty', but a loose wire, etc.
Go into the first test mode, "T.1 Switch Edges Test". Make sure that switches #84 and #85 are NOT activated (switch dots are a large box, not a small dot..) If they are small dots, then your optos are reporting as being blocked. If they're large/filled, then they're not. Assuming they're not, flip the flippers, make some noise (vibration) on the game, etc, and see if they activate at all...

Thanks Coyote. I checked the lock switches. #85 and #85 are large squares on the switch test. They show they are closed. Now should I try to clean the optos themselves?
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 22.50
$ 29.95
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.50
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-going-into-multiball-and-giving-extra-ball-automatically and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.