Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zaza
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

My TZ's GI is out on right side. Can someone help me fix this issue? Thanks all.

#2 4 years ago

Remove and inspect for burnt GI connectors at J115, J120 and J121 on the big power driver board. if none found, pull the 5 fuses in the bottom left of the board and test them with an ohm meter.

#3 4 years ago

it looks like my j120 and 121 connectors are burnt on the left side of connectors. What does that mean and what can I do to it from this happening again?

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from i_b_flippin:

it looks like my j120 and 121 connectors are burnt on the left side of connectors. What does that mean and what can I do to it from this happening again?

This is a known flaw in the board design.
Many WPC games have this issue.

When you replace the connectors, inspect the header pins (perhaps reflow the solder) , you're good to go for another 20 years

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from i_b_flippin:

Heat from the incandescent bulbs put a lot of stress on the board/wired connectors. Replace the male board connectors and repin the wired connectors. Install LEDs in the GI to keep it from happening again.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from i_b_flippin:

The games had flaws in that the GI circuits drew too much power. As the connectors age, they oxidize and connectivity gets poorer. Resistance goes up which leads to more heat.. and more heat leads to more resistance.. and the cycle continues downward until the connectors burn and fail. Right solution is to replace the header pins on the board with fresh ones and replace the IDC connectors with new higher quality molex connectors. Replacing GI bulbs with LED bulbs also helps lessen the load.

#7 4 years ago

If you add on a GIOCD board, you're good to go for good

#8 4 years ago

Ok so I reflow the solder joints and turn the game on and walla all the lights are back on but now the freaking flippers don't work. What the hell is going on?

#9 4 years ago

also the clock stopped working. I get the lights on the clock but the hands don't move.

#10 4 years ago

Did you connect J112 when you placed the board back ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 9.95
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-gi-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.