• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Piniac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 20 days ago

Hi All,

My Twilight Zone is behaving oddly. The flippers (generally all four, but maybe just the mains sometimes too?) Are activating and staying up for a second or three on their own. It is random and sporadic. This behavior is sometimes couple with other glitches like odd call outs (coin door is open for example) and even a full machine reset on occasion. The only thing I’ve tried so far is to reset all the ribbon cables as that usually fixes odd behavior for me.... Anyone have ideas where to look? The machine has no credit dot. Thanks!

#2 20 days ago

Furst and foremost, replace ribbon cables. Quite possible - especially if they're OEM - that the plastic sheathing is degrading and causing shorts at the plugs.

#3 19 days ago

Well for God's sake, they don't call it Twilight Zone for nothing!

2 weeks later
#4 2 days ago

I replaced all the ribbon cables. Shocking how much firmer a fit they are than the old ones. Seem almost toooo tight! Anyway, so far so good with the new cables.... Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oviedo, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Farmingville, NY

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside