(Topic ID: 226336)

TZ flashers gone

By snowvictim

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I was hoping someone could help me figure out what's wrong with my TZ game. The flashers don't work, so naturally neither does my gumball motor, which renders the game unplayable. I checked F111 and whether J125/J107 are plugged in properly, the connectors appear to be plugged in well and the fuse is fine. I checked my manual for the fuse with the flashers and it says that F111 is a flasher secondary - I would assume that means there's a primary, but it's not listed (plus all the fuses in my driver board seem good). One other observation - intermittent resets, bad power to the logic board? They happen sporadically, but could the two problems be related? On my way to grab my multimeter from a friend, couldn't get any reading but will update once I get back.

#2 5 years ago

J107 pin 6 (red/white) should be 20 VDC. If it's missing check F111. If F111 is good then check for 16 VAC voltage between J102 pins 1 and 4.

#3 5 years ago

"Secondary" refers to the terminal on the transformer. The 'primary' on the transformer is the 120/240v input. So, no, there is only one fuse for flashers.
Like ScottSerpa said, check voltage. If you are getting voltage on the pin on the driver board, then follow the red wire where it comes into the playfield. (Bottom right when lifted up.) The first break in the wire is there, at the Molex plug feeding the ramp. Likely, crimp went back, wire pulled out.

#4 5 years ago

SORRY that this took so long, work-related mayhem. I did the check, J107 puts out 0.55V on pin 6, so clearly something is up. I checked the 20V test point on the driver board and that gave me the same reading, 0.55V. Please, help? Thanks in advance.

#5 5 years ago

Oh, right. Fuse seems fine, but I've heard visual tests only go so far... I'll check and update.

#6 5 years ago

I am no expert but a T2 machine had lost power to the cannon and had no flashers at all.
It was a bridge rectifier that was shot. BR4 i think.
Replaced the BR and both the cannon motor and flashers worked again.

Troubleshooting may lead you elsewhere but, something to look into...

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from motorbreth77:

I am no expert but a T2 machine had lost power to the cannon and had no flashers at all.
It was a bridge rectifier that was shot. BR4 i think.
Replaced the BR and both the cannon motor and flashers worked again.
Troubleshooting may lead you elsewhere but, something to look into...

Was just gonna post that I found the culprit, it's the BR4. Funnily enough, I changed it twice before as the game I bought has a really messy area around it. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Rottendog... Thanks for steering me through, fellas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 132.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 14.95
$ 79.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-flashers-gone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.