Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Main_Board_voltage_pads.jpg
Transformer_wires.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stxfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

New to pinball repair and trying to take care of my issues myself so please bear with me. I have a Twilight Zone that has been sitting for 3 years and finally got help from a local pinball guy that got it up and running. The game is playable with the only error that is constant is Switch 76 Playfield exit optos. Been reading up on that but that isn't my main issue. Seems while playing the game if I hit both flipper buttons it will reset the game. Like it is overloading something and causing the whole game to reset. It only seems to be while both flippers are used at the same time. I do have an issue with the upper left flipper staying energized at times and will see an EOS error for that flipper. So far I have solved a few issues on my own but seems I am stuck on this major issue now.

Any ideas or being pointed in the right direction will be appreciated. Sorry for being so lost but very new at all of this. Hope to learn and solve my Judge Dredd issues next after I get everything on the TZ solved.

#7 8 years ago

OK as in most things that I do sometimes I have no clue as to what fixed it but it was a loose connection somewhere. Went through and reseated as many as I could. Pulled the playfield up to vertical and the game would just reset continually or turn off completely. After I put the playfield back down I pushed and tugged on a few connectors and guess what? The game played over 30 minutes without one reset. Wish I had a clue but have no idea at all.

Now to figure out why the upper flipper stays open and the opto issue! Looks like it will be something most of the time.

#9 8 years ago

Okay have reseated everything from the transformer on that I can think of and find. Got the meter out on measured the voltage on J101 where my manual says it should be 9vac and 13vac. My results are 5.1 and 7.5. On J102 my manual says it should be 16vac and I am measuring 30 and the Black/yellow and 10 on the white/red. I have attached a picture of 2 wires going into my transformer that have been cut. This had to be done after it left the factory and was wondering if this could be part of the issue.

I am taking these readings while the connectors are hooked into the board. Also this is an much newer board than the others and I don't know when it was replaced. It is a Rottendog board. Now when I measure the voltage on the board pads (2nd photo) they are all within 1 volt DC with the exception of the 50v which measures 71v

As you may guess I am still chasing my tail with frustration.

Transformer_wires.jpgTransformer_wires.jpg

Main_Board_voltage_pads.jpgMain_Board_voltage_pads.jpg

#20 8 years ago

Went through my connectors again and I think it was the Z connector. Cleaned it up and reseated it and it runs like a champ. Guess I will remove it once I get a little further down the line. A few more issues to fix on the TZ

Tks for all the help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.50
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 12.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 132.00
$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stxfarmer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-dying-in-middle-of-game?tu=stxfarmer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.