9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PlayBetter.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alby87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi all! I have stumbled is something magnificent that I didn't know: Chris Granner has released the tape containing the music of the DCS sound system. I've heard it on Pinsound forum.
You can download here

http://cgmusic.net/TZ/TwilightZonePinballSoundtrackOriginalVersion.mp3

Nobody commented about it? What you tough not about the quality, but about the music itself. Do you like more? Less? Would you swap "ROM" (I know it's another board and all, just speaking).

I wish to start:

0:00 Unused tune:
Where to start about it... it's like playing Monopoly... in the Twilight Zone. No Golden Earring song was planned to be used. This should be the prelaunch music

00:42
It's unused in the production. It was the main theme. That's a tune a would to have in my real TZ, in a different place than Lock Lit (I still prefer the GE song)

01:33
The same tune as before, but missing the guitar.

02:18
Classic attract mode music

02:25
The extend intro of the main theme of the TV show. Some times heard in the attract mode, but it's more complete. I prefer this version!

02:32
The main theme now it's more uptempo with that sound effect at the end. It's like an hurryup

02:42
Lock lit, more uptempo, xylophone and some synth voice: that's one the most beautiful music on the original track, and it's lock is lit

It's a buildup for the next song, I don't think it was used on production TZ

This is like a multiball, that's didn't go to production TZ either (well, there were more multiballs planned in TZ, as flyer states, and don't forget the whole six color in the clock face thing)

I think is's too much techno for TZ, but it's the Multiball Ready in all it's gloryfull DCS quality

05:00
Don't used in production

05:13
Various jingles

05:20
Super slot. It's the same in every single note!

Clock Millions: more darker, I really like it!

06:00
Pinball Wizard-esque music, not used in the game

06.37 Various jingles

07.07 Monopolyesque music, not used

07.33 Music not used
08.01 Another music not used

08.29 Powerball prelaunch
08.38 Powerball in play: It's beefed up version, it's incredible how some tune can be so new to hear yet so familiar!

Not used two times: it's present in the sound ROMs of the actual game, but this piano solo is unused in the actual game

This music implied that Piano would be used for a mode, as the flyer shows to us

Powerball Mania.
One the best song of Production TZ it's wonderful also in its DCS version

Chock Chaos.
It's your classic Pop goes the weasel

Battle the power
That guitar give a more menacing tone, and it's really like a boss fight music. I always wondered if the DCS had some chants like Indiana Jones Steal the stones. Now I know that they weren't

Regular Multiball
That's incredible. The DCS is wonderful, compared with the nondcs version, that used part of it as samples (you can hear the difference between the yamaha part and sampled part)

Multiball music interrupts in various points.
Next part is IMHO:
There are two tails. One for ending without rematch (11.39)
One for the rematch (11.46) and it's failing music (11.52).

I always tough the ending of multiball without rematch was too abrupt in the production game.

Unused music

Town square madness, with all the sound effects

Sound effect for greed targets in normal play

They were one of the worst lost in transition, I would say

Camera photo
Great, great sound effect associated with the photo camera. Another great loss

Camera photo intro
No so different

Your classic Williams hurryup. That wouldn't have the final version cause Fast Lock needs voice intermissions pause

Bonus count.
Not so different

I really like it, I'm wondering if DCS music would have changed the story of this pinball.
Twilight Zone was the first "superpin", meaning wider, more toys and a new sound system. It was to set a milestone in many ways.

The songs that are present in both the YM2151 and DCS version are stunning in their late version. Main theme and Lock Lit in DCS version are really good piece of music, but Twilight Zone Song is such a classic in the TZ Pinball that changing it would be a bad thing.

The unused pieces are similiar on what you will find on later games like Roadshow or Monopoly.

The one thing I really miss on TZ is a proper unique tune for LITZ. Powerball Mania is good, but having a new tune for the last mode would have been awesome!

Sorry for this wall of text

#3 9 years ago

Yes, I know For now my soundboard is working flawlessly and I'm not, well, swimming in the gold right now

The track is wonderful for historical documentation, but you have to mix and match some "new old tracks" with remix of those which are on the production (there is no "Greed" or "Spiral", although you can use on of the "unused" ones), then you have to recreate some sound effects (the Glass of the skill-shot, the car-horns, etc), and then, you have to re-do the voiceworks. Whitewater friends got extremely lucky as three pinheads payed the original man who did the voice of Wet Willie and they will have a true high fidelity pinball. We should contact the man who impersonate Rod Serling, the ones who did The Power, Robot, Talky Tina. Yes, there is some nice remix on the web, but original voiceover work is still better

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alby87.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-dcs?tu=alby87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.