You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hoi there,

I just bought a TZ and when I lock some balls we constantly get powerball

is this normal?

grtz

#2 11 years ago

Until you lock it away in the gum ball machine it will keep on appearing in multi ball...

#3 11 years ago

Is switch #26 coming up in error ?

If so, this is the sensor at the end of the ball trough. Eddy sensor and a couple small boards. The tiny connectors are the issue. Reseat helps - or remove them and hard solder the board together to eliminate the problem.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

Or mild middle way
Lay a thin solder layer on the mini-board headerpins, so then connector cant wiggle off so easily.

#5 11 years ago

are you actually getting the powerball every multiball, or is it all steel balls but the game is telling you its in powerball mode during multiball? 2 very different problems.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is switch #26 coming up in error ?
If so, this is the sensor at the end of the ball trough. Eddy sensor and a couple small boards. The tiny connectors are the issue. Reseat helps - or remove them and hard solder the board together to eliminate the problem.
LTG : )

Like Lloyd mentioned...check your Eddy sensor board underneath the playfield. I had this issue once on my first TZ. The connectors were fine but the board had failed. Pinbits has a re engineered replacement board. Big improvement over the old design

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_2&products_id=293

#7 11 years ago

Hello All!

Eddy boards will be restocked by the weeks end. We appreciate your patience!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me.

[email protected]

Thank you!

#8 11 years ago

If the powerball is the only ball in the trough, you will continue to get the powerball. If you are getting powerball when it is not actually the powerball, it is likely the eddy sensor at the trough.

Good luck!

TL

#9 11 years ago

Had the switch 26 error en fixed it. Guess it's simply the only ball in the throught sometimes. Thanks y'all!

#10 11 years ago

You should have 5 steel balls and the one ceramic Powerball total in TZ. There should be three in the gumball machine and three in the trough when you first turn the game on. If there are balls in the lock area when you turn it on, it'll release them to refill the trough.

#11 11 years ago

you can overload for 6+1

#12 11 years ago

I had that, but after a while, it'll load four balls into the gumball and will pop up with an error message about it. Mine did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 12.95
$ 79.50
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-constantly-powerball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.