• Don't change a thing, I prefer Amber 5 votes
    3%

(146 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20141026_113517-579.jpg
x25a.jpg
x6.jpg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I believe I heard that there are no plans for a color TZ DMD because the show was in black and white so what would be the point in a color DMD?

Is that really the reason?

Mine has a nice colored playfield and translight, I think it wouldn't take much imagination to come up with colors to fill the DMD.

What are your thoughts or is this even accurate?

#2 10 years ago

I have one installed set to Black and White with blending Sigma 2.2 mode.

If colored dots for it came out I would probably give it a try since it just rakes a USB download. But I have a feeling the final software will be how it is now. And it is very cool.

I have a total of 9 ColorDMDs installed and the TOTAN one is on the way to my house now. All of the others are set to colorized not Sigma.

#3 10 years ago

The TV show was also never in amber, so I'm not sure I follow the B/W logic.

I'd buy one the instant they were available. Love my ColorDMD on TAF!

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I agree completely. I think I would even like a black and white DMD vs the orange, I think that would be a step up.

#5 10 years ago

I'd be disappointed if they never make a full color version. While I've seen a TZ in white and agree It looks better than a standard DMD, if I'm gonna spend the money it's gonna be for color not just white.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

The b/w logic is that one can use the single color mode to make it b/w, and if most owners are satisfied with that mode, how many more displays would they sell if it were in color? I have 3 other ColorDMD's, and I'm probably going to buy one for TZ just for the b/w. Not sure I would want it in color, yet they make a sale off me anyway.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

I'd be disappointed if they never make a full color version. While I've seen a TZ in white and agree It looks better than a standard DMD but if I'mgonna spend the money it's gonna be for color not just white.

+1

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from LEE400:

I believe I heard that there are no plans for a color TZ DMD because the show was in black and white so what would be the point in a color DMD?

To the best of my knowledge no one from ColorDMD has said any such thing. If I'm wrong can someone point me to the source?

#9 10 years ago

Oh and if they make a color version of any game I own I feel like its a must buy thing after buying the first one there's no turning back. Own 2 titles now and TZ is the only real likely game they would do any time soon.

#10 10 years ago

When I asked about it a couple weeks ago when I got my new license code, Chris@ColorDMD said "It’s on our to do list for sure". So definitely not "no".

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

When I asked about it a couple weeks ago when I got my new license code, Chris@ColorDMD said "It’s on our to do list for sure". So definitely not "no

That is what I was hoping to hear!

#12 10 years ago

They have a to do list. Can anyone sneak into their offices and bump tz to the top

#13 10 years ago

Me and my friend Abraham Lincoln maybe could persuade them. ha

#14 10 years ago

If you want Twilight Zone in color, just source the last scene that Vic Morrow ever did in his lifetime, and you will get all the color you need, but the game is based on the series, not the movie, which was made in black and white. The games animations aren't overly spectacular anyway. Best to leave sleeping dogs lie.

#15 10 years ago

I understand the game is based on the series, but just because it was in black and white I don't know why that would prohibit a color DMD. Some games are made of pure fiction without being based on any show but one can still appreciate the color. No one complains about the playfield and translight being in color?

I appreciate that opinion but that just doesn't seem like a very good reason. But I appreciate it just the same and that is what started this thread, I read that somewhere else.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from LEE400:

why that would prohibit a color DMD.

Maybe not prohibit, but Judge Dredd seems more deserving, The prices paid for these pins seems to be a relative factor in what games get colorized, and that seems to be for the most part the order in which they have been done. Everybody needs a paycheck, so I can't blame them.

#17 10 years ago

I would immediately buy one if it was done in color.

#18 10 years ago

Re MM, weren't the movies originally all in Black and White?
TZ colour please, its jealous of its STTNG neighbour.

#19 10 years ago

I think a color dmd for TZ would be awesome. I would buy one in an instant. The color dmd would go well with the great colors in the play field. Also it would give you the option of white or orange depending on your mood. It would give the owner flexibility on the look of the game. In addition there are 15,000+ games out there. One of the largest markets. They would likely sell thousands of them.

#20 10 years ago

I fully agree with LitzDoc and will also buy one immediately as soon as available
However, TZ is known to be "overengineered" -> quote from the development team: "They should have stopped us!" So there may be technical challenges to overcome? At least the other games are probabaly "lower hanging fruits"

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from LEE400:

Mine has a nice colored playfield and translight

I think this is an important point. Everything else on the game is already in color so why not the DMD? Mark me down for one. I might switch it to B&W from time to time for fun also.

#22 10 years ago

I have one installed set to Black and White with blending Sigma 2.2 mode.

If colored dots for it came out I would probably give it a try since it just rakes a USB download. But I have a feeling the final software will be how it is now. And it is very cool.

I have the Black and White color DMD also. It looks really nice. IMHO, i would buy the Sigma regardless if the color code comes up or not. If it does u can upgrade like Taxman said and decide for yourself which version u like better.

#23 10 years ago

I am getting a ColorDMD for TZ soon. Currently I have red mylar over my original plasma DMD, and it does look pretty good in red, but I do look forward to being able to choose a different color for now. I am looking forward to colored dots, which I will bet will be after IJ. The rest of the game is colored, so why not the DMD? I think the animations will much more refined with colored dots, just as on other games with ColorDMD.

#24 10 years ago

OP, can you add a poll? If you were to put a ColorDMD, would you leave it black/white or update it to color dots when it is released?

#25 10 years ago

A poll has been added per request.

#26 10 years ago

This would be an instant buy for me.

#27 10 years ago

I'm in.

#28 10 years ago

I really think it would be a moneymaker.

#29 10 years ago

Actually, I was hoping the poll would have included whether or not you plan to use the color dots or use it only as the Sigma display.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from LEE400:

I really think it would be a moneymaker.

It already is. They keep selling out every time a batch is complete.

1 month later
#31 9 years ago

I think this would be one title where being able to run it in color sometimes, b & w others makes this Color DMD a lot of bang for your buck, because they would look so cool and both would fit really well.

Since I've decided to keep my TZ, I would buy this for sure.

#32 9 years ago

Now that is a really good idea Britt-in-VA, I like it!

#33 9 years ago

CFTBL is a black as and white movie
The colorDMD people did a good job with that

#34 9 years ago

I have not checked that one out yet. I will though, thanks for the info.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

CFTBL is a black as and white movie
The colorDMD people did a good job with that

So were all the monsters in Monster Bash. All films in black and white - but my kids still love the box set

#36 9 years ago

I'm very surprised that there isn't a full color DMD yet for TZ.

I understand that the show is in black and white but the pinball machine itself isn't and uses a lot of vibrant colors. If the machine was entirely in black and white I could understand using a white DMD but with the machine being in full color it doesn't make sense to me.

I just have no interest in the white DMD from ColorDMD for TZ but would buy a full color version in a second.

Make it happen ColorDMD

#37 9 years ago

This bull about the show being black and white only, thus not making a colorDMD for it is stupid. The whole pin basically screams color. The artwork, the gumball machine, the town square... All brightly colored.

Making a colorDMD for it just fits perfectly, and it would certainly enhance the game by lots.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

This bull about the show being black and white only, thus not making a colorDMD for it is stupid. The whole pin basically screams color. The artwork, the gumball machine, the town square... All brightly colored.
Making a colorDMD for it just fits perfectly, and it would certainly enhance the game by lots.

I have the Sigma display set for black n white. I like the contrast of this display against all the other colors on the game/ playfield.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

This, this^^^^^^^^^^ please

#40 9 years ago

I love the ColorDMD's so id' be all for a TZ one. Maybe I'd be more into the pin if I could see colors.

#41 9 years ago

I'm afraid this has been known for quite some time ( poll results)....maybe someday...

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Buschjs:

This would be an instant buy for me.

It would be an instant buy for me too. I hope the guys at ColorDMD are reading this thread!

#43 9 years ago

Instant purchase for me as well.

#44 9 years ago

Count me in for a ColorDMD for TZ.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from LITZ:

I have the Sigma display set for black n white. I like the contrast of this display against all the other colors on the game/ playfield.

I thought about doing this too. But I have decided to wait patiently and hope that ColorDMD comes through. I decided against spending that kind of money just to have a white display.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

I thought about doing this too. But I have decided to wait patiently and hope that ColorDMD comes through. I decided against spending that kind of money just to have a white display.

The display can be updated with the USB port and if you don't like it in TZ put it in another game that has the color dots. Chances are they will come out with a TZ color DMD so you would be safe either way.

#47 9 years ago

I think Randy had commented the title was difficult, but they were hoping later this year....fingers crossed...

#48 9 years ago

Fingers crossed. Think it would be a moneymaker

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think Randy had commented the title was difficult, but they were hoping later this year....fingers crossed...

I think I've read that, too. I think what makez TZ particularly difficult are that the graphics are more dynamic than in some other titles. Some of the screens swipe to the side. The rocket animation is overlaid on top of whatever is already on the DMD. Programming FPGAs is already hard enough without all that extra stuff, I imagine!

4 months later
#50 9 years ago

Hi
I don't understand why there is Color DMD for Dr Who and not for TZ ...........if there is a difficulty say it , but don't say "many of our customers are using the SIGMA display in black and white mode with a scan line effect to emulate an old TV" i don't want a old TV on my TZ

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-color-dmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.